WEEK 43: Enchanted

Hey guys! If you didn't read BECOMING KELLY you might have trouble following this book. This is a continuation of the first book after all.

Lots of supernovas, kisses and of course love,
Aurorainsync

-—............,—-—.............,-—

"Hey kiddo." I hear grandpa say.

Silence....

"Hey it's grandpa Amerie. I'm not sure if you can hear me. I don't know how drugged up you are. Or where you are. Your heart is beating but you could of crossed. If you did, Know that I can see ghosts. If your ghost is hanging around, please come by and let me know. I don't want to be kicked off the isle. I rather leave before that happens. The doctors had to put you under again. You seem to be fighting the change this time. It's not your body anymore. Your body is ready to get moving and get out of the hospital. Which is good news.

"I have been updating Cycle's treehouse with my daughter, your aunt. It's coming around nice. We've added an elevator that's powered by Anila's air affinity. She can load it up and you can use it or I can crank it by hand. Just until you have full use of your legs.

"Kid, I want to remind you that the limited contract only protects me if you are alive. The day you pass I get kicked out of the isle again. I'm suppose to prove my worthiness to society by taking care of you. I'm suppose to prove I'm capable of keeping you alive and well. Once you launch in society, my contract is ripped up and I'm in the clear. I no longer depend on the contract to keep me on the isle.

"I don't get why you wanna leave. You know, the isle has a lot to offer. I know you aren't able to see, feel, hear, or smell any of it but it's amazing. It's a place people are so in tune with their bodies that they have affinities. They have a bond with an element. My bond is fire. Fire is my guiding light. My haven. My soul.

"Your soulmate is bonded to all the elements, you know. She's top notch! You have be really special to be favored by it all. Very few have bonded with the 4 elements.

"I have brought you a clock. If you press the button on its side it will tell you time. Also it can play ocean sounds, it can play waterfalls, drops of water onto a surface and a slew of other things. The idea is to relax you. Hopefully connect 'you' a bit with yourself. Maybe it can help you find your way back to the isle.

"let's see! I'll play the ocean one. The water is suppose to crash onto the shore."

The room I'm in felt chilly but I assure you that I felt it warm up to the moment Grandpa Amerie turned on the sounds of the ocean on the clock. I felt a comfortable warmth down to my bones.

"I'm going to ask the nurses to leave this on. I think you are enjoying it. Your heart has perked up a bit on the monitor. Maybe you are truly here still? Kid, I really do hope you are enjoying this. I want you to connect with it someday. Connect with the thrill that is to love the bond one has to an element. As long as you try, I will try. I will ground you and be the best father figure a boy could ever want. See I never got to raise my son and I would love a chance to take care of you outside of the confines of a clinic. I need you to give me this chance. I know you don't understand much right now. But I'm so sure you will love life on the isle. I gotta go now. It's getting late and I'm building you an office outside of Cycle's treehouse. It's going to be on the water! Goodnight grandson"

I heard the squeaky shoe move farther and farther away. I was in my own head at that point. I could imagine it all! The white sandy beach and the foamy retreat of the waves had me in a trance.

It wasn't hard to find comfort in the soothing ocean sounds. Thank you grandpa!

But imagine my surprise!

See, I must be dreaming! I'm on a plastic pink frosted donut in the middle of the sea! The water is warm and calm. I move around and touch my body. Everything is in working order! I laugh and I stop just as fast. My voice! I can see and I have a voice. I want to cry. I'm here. Everything is here!

"Ethan." I hear a playful voice say my name. I hear the female giggling right afterwards.

Just like that, I'm pulled back to reality.

"Ethan, you can't keep getting lost in my eyes like that."

The blonde woman in front of me is a knockout. Why do I keep getting lost in her eyes? Oh right! because I feel like I'm in the ocean when I see her. How does she do it? I feel comfort at the idea of being surrounded by water. I feel comfort at the idea of being surround by this women.

"You have eyes like the sea." I hear myself say.

"Okay, I understand that but I'm trying you have a conversation with you and you keep leaving." She says to me. She sounds sad. Leaving??? I don't remember even starting a conversation with this women. I swear! This is the first time I've laid eyes on her. "Ethan I need you to stay. I know you want to leave. But I NEED you to stay. I know you feel like leaving but know that I am always here for you even when I'm not around."

"Who are you?" I ask. She is talking in riddles and I don't understand what's going on.

"I am the essence of life. I know you feel like you are on your way out. Like you are dying. But I can tell you that you aren't. Your energy can keep you going. Positive energy will save you. I can't save you right now. You are so negative beyond belief! I want you to remember that your life and your progress is in your hands. You are right for me because you hold that power. My sweet boy. You are all I want too. We just can't be together right now."

Oh no this is more confusing. "What are you going on about lady? Who are you?"

That question only seems to make tears swim in her sea colored eyes. They spill over and drown me.