Chapter 3; Be strong for mommy

When I stepped into my mother's hospital room I was shocked to see how pale and thin she really was. I held back the tears as I came up to her bedside. I put my hand on hers as she opened her eyes. "My daughter, my beautiful baby girl." she said as she tried to sit up to give me a hug. I quickly put her on her back again and bent down to give her the hug she had so desperately wanted. Even if I was only eight... I knew she was dying. So i did the only thing a eight year old could do- i cried. My mother eventualy started crying... and we sat there, crying. Until she finally invited me up to the bed. I took that chance and cuddled up beside her. We just layed there crying in each others arms until she finally spoke. "Baby, you need to be strong. For mommy, daddy,  your brothers and yourself. You're going to be filling in for mommy from now on... just think of it as a special little job that would make mommy very very happy. And hopefully it will make daddy happy too..." she trailed off there. For a while we just lay there, in each other's arms trying to saver every moment, then she started to speak again. "Remember that I love you more than anything else in the world and that'll never ever change. You will always be my special little Maryanne."I started crying again until i realized my mother's hands had gotten colder and her eyes were closed peacefully. I immediately ran out of the room sobbing wildly instinctively running to Erin, who was also crying. He hugged me tightly as nurses and doctors rushed into the room doing all sorts of testing to see if my mother was really... gone. All i remember after that is seeing my mother being wheeled down the hallway. I must have fainted at that moment because all I remember after that was Erin carrying me to my room mumbling angrily about my father...