Chapter 6; A Plan

I was still confused when Erin mentioned a "plan" but when he explained it, it made perfect sence- we could finally escape. Erin had found out the exact time our father would pass out and would be almost knocked out. His plan was to take Richard

and I and pretty much run away when our father passed out the next time . He told me how he had been saving his money from doing things for the neighbors and that he was old enough to get a job to support us. So we decided to leave the next night. It all worked out as planned. We waited for our dad to pass out and when he did we packed all the necessities- canned food, water bottles, blankets, a knife,a small tent, and money I also brought my lion which I had kept since my mother had died. We got out just fine and made a run for it. When we made it to the city we set our tent up and rested. When we woke up the next morning we went and ate food at a cheap restaurant where we decided we would take because we couldn't support all of us Richard to live with our grandmother in her cottage in a few towns over. It would be safe there. We headed out to our grandmother's house, she was my mother's mom so she was always kind. Erin explained what had been happening since mom died and that him and I wanted to be on our own. She was shocked to hear how cruel our father had been but she agreed to taking care of Richard. We stayed there for the night but we decided it was time to leave, we said our goodbyes and left. It was sad leaving Richard behind but we knew it was for the best. We headed a few towns over and looked for places to stay. We found a very cheap apartment to stay in for a while while we decided where we would go to permanently. We decided to go to Canada where there was little crime and friendly faces. We weren't that far considering we were in Pennsylvania. We headed out the next week, to set out on our journey to Canada...