Chapter 2; And so it begins

It had been a good maybe two hours after we got back to the store when my mother started complaining to my father about having chest pains. My father of coarse was worried sick and demanded he took her to the hospital. My mother being the caring person she was, just worried about me and my brothers being home alone, since my eldest brother Vince still acted like a rambunctious thirteen year old even though he was already sixteen so he couldn't handle three children, while my other brother Erin was only 14 at the time and hadn't ever been responsible for kid's. And lastly my brother Richard was only four so he of coarse couldn't possibly do anything to help. So that left my brother Erin being in charge of us while my dad drive my mother to the hospital. Vince of coarse scoffed at the idea of a fourteen year old watching over him, so he took off with a couple friends and left me and Erin to help out around the house. Erin had always acted more like my mom rather than our dad making him my favorite brother. We both helped each other taking care of Richard until... we got a phone call... it was our father telling us he had gotten a babysitter for Richard and we needed to get ready to go to the hospital. We called Vince and got him to come home before our dad arived. When we got to the hospital I couldn't believe what I saw, my mother had all types of tubes coming in and out of her, she looked more like a science experiment than my mother... she weakly opened one eye and smiled at us, her own flesh and blood so beautiful and healthy. We all rushed over to her and looked her up and down wondering what was going on with her. The only explanation we got was "she's very sick". It drove me insane to think my mother was in that state. I kept thinking- what did she do to deserve this?? It tore me appart until one day our mother called us from the hospital to come quickly so she could speak with us... I couldn't even imagine what happened next. She called us in one at a time. All of my brothers came out crying, so did my father. Then it was my turn...