6 | Don't Let Go

"Depression is like drowning. Except that you can see everyone else around you is breathing and doing fine."

-

Jin's P.O.V.

3 weeks.

It's already been 3 weeks since she was discharged, yet I can't seem to stop thinking about her.

I missed Taehyung's funeral, just so that I could be with her, though I wasn't completely sure if she knew I was there, considering she had been out of it most of the time during her stay at the hospital.

I don't know what keeps drawing me to her, but I can't seem to leave her alone.

Kim Taehyung was one of my good friends at university, even though we were studying different areas. He was studying business, and I was studying medicine. But that didn't stop us from being friends.

In the past, Taehyung, I and the guys would hang out together. We met through each other. Jungkook was Jimin's friend, Taehyung was mine, and Hoseok was Yoongi and Namjoon's, friends. 

Taehyung had a heart problem ever since he was a kid. The doctors said he should be fine and be able to live for a long time, but Taehyung wasn't so lucky. He had a heart attack and couldn't recover from it, so he passed away. But he had never told me that he had a girlfriend.

To make up for not being able to attend his funeral, I decided that I would go and visit where he was buried today. Taehyung was never one to care about funerals, only wanting everyone around him to be safe and happy, without worries or sadness.

I thought of her and felt a twinge in my heart, wondering how Taehyung had somehow affected her so deeply.

Parking my car at the side of the funeral site, I walked out of the car and shut the door softly, padding onto the fresh and neatly trimmed grass. Taehyung's parents weren't rich, but they had certainly managed to afford a nice place.

I parked my car at the side of a funeral site. It was very neat, and the grass was trimmed. Taehyung's parents weren't the richest, but they had certainly managed to afford a nice tombstone, as it was very visible and beautiful.

His name was engraved deeply into the stone and could be seen from a mile away. Holding my bouquet of lilies tightly, I treaded over the soft grass and walked over to where he was buried.

But upon walking closer, I saw that there was a sobbing figure hunched over the stone, her hair matted and messy, a hand slung over the stone as she cried, releasing her salty tears onto the grave.

Freezing, my eyes identified the familiar traits of her.

Y/N?

-

Your P.O.V.

Kim Taehyung.

My best friend.

The only person who actually cared about me in this cruel, sick world.

Had decided to leave me. And the pain, it was unbearable. 

My heart clenched in pain every time I saw something that reminded me of him, whether it would be a butterfly or a croissant laying in a bakery. Everything seemed to remind me of the beautiful boy who I had once loved so much.

Maybe it would've hurt less if I hadn't seen him one last time in my dream at the hospital.

As much as I tried to convince myself that it was merely a dream, I knew it was more than that. The features, his strong scent, his beautiful smile, and reactions couldn't be something drawn out of my memory.