Chapter 11: Here Comes The Stress

"Ugh.." I groan as my body hit the ground of the track field. At Revox, we didn't have a track field for our own use. We always had to share it with BigHit and it was small anyways.

But SM's?

It's goddamn huge.

I was running a couple of laps non-stop for an hour until I collapsed onto the floor. Believe me, you couldn't count the number of times I've collapsed from training in a period of 3 months training here at SM.

"Geez, Hyunji are you okay?" Mark ran up to me and starting speaking to me in English, to which I reluctantly answered back because I was fluent.

"Yeah... I think so." I look up at him to see that his face was drenched in sweat right through his shirt. You could even see it in his hair. (Oh my Lord just imagine that look on Mark. NCT what have you done to me)

He then giggled a bit before giving me his hand for me to support on as I get up. "You know, Hyunji, you've been working your ass off a lot these past few months. Seriously, you have to take a break." He says as he pulls me up, sweaty hand to sweaty hand.

"Haha you're funny, Mark. Do you know that?" I say, which only makes him giggle more as we gather up our stuff and make it back to the dorms to shower and go to rap lessons after that.

"You know I can't stop." I say sighing.

Oddly, this situation reminds me a lot about Jihee.

"You remind me of Jihee." I say to him, which caught his attention.

"You mean that girl who helped you before you got into Revox?" He stops to take a drink from his water bottle

"Yeah, her. I miss her."

Mark was someone I was really comfortable with. He'd understand my jokes since my jokes were mostly English. He'd help me with training. And since I was the only girl majoring in rap, running into him was a high chance since he also majors in rap. Also, he also had the habit of saying weird rap phrases. So we've gotten closer ever since, even if he was 4 years older than me.

"Don't you call her? Or text her?" He asks, slinging is duffel bag onto his shoulder.

"We do. Just not that often since I'm busy and she's busy." I sling my own duffel bag onto my shoulder and followed him to the elevators. "She's training to become a fashion designer. I really do hope she manages to become a stylist."

"Wouldn't it be cool and funny if she were to be a stylist here?"

"Oh wow I would be so grateful." I say as we finally made it to the front of the elevators.

"Yo, Hyunji, you seem a bit stressed out lately. Come and join me with the boys. Let's hang out for a while." He says as we enter the elevator.

"Uh, yeah, I'mma pass."

"Oh come on! It'll be fun! Besides, it's been a while since you've hung out with us. When was last time?"

I look up towards the metal ceiling above me. When was last time?

"Last time we went out for Korean BBQ and I had to pay for everything because your lazy asses forgot to bring your wallets. And you said that the meal was on you!" I spat out at him, remembering on how much money I had to pay.

"Geez, you didn't have to be so salty. Anyways, I did pay back at least." He says and sticks his tongue out at me playfully.

"At least you paid."

"So you're coming or nah?" He says as we reach the level for the dormitories and the doors open.

"Well... It has been a while." I say with a little uncertainty, thinking about all that training time going to waste.