Chapter 10: Hello New Friend

"So what you're saying is that, you're gonna support my financial difficulties, a.k.a my studies and needs here, and I have to give it my all and train like crazy here?" I say in utter shock.

"Simple, it's like a scholarship. You train hard, show me what you got and I'll keep sponsoring you. If not, if I see don't see improvement or barely any improvement, then that scholarship gets taken away." He says as he pushes his glasses up.

"You know, all you have to do is sign these papers." He hands over the paper that he had just printed.

I scan the paper. So far, I don't see any statements about slavery or torture if I don't do good. I don't know what does articles about slavery contracts in SM are, but I sure hope this is not one of 'em.

"I'm already giving you an easy life here. I can see it in you." He makes direct eye contact with me.

Oh Jaehwa why were you sent to Cube Entertainment.

"You're special you know? I don't have any girl trainees that take rap as a major. And you're gonna be the youngest of the bunch. And I've already got some plans for you." He says more and then gives me a blue ball pen.

My hands shook when I took the pen. This is an awfully great deal. But I really know that there's something behind it. SM may be famous for their great artists but the service here is like shit.

I took a deep breath in.

-

"Good morning, class." The teacher says. I stood outside the classroom. I was too nervous to enter. Especially considering my...

state.

"Good morning, Miss Song." The class chorused back, in great harmony may I add.

"Okay class. Today we are going to have a new student." She says and immediately caught the students' attention. "Now don't be surprised when she walks in okay? She is a prodigy student and I want you all to treat her well— yes Soyeon?" A girl raised her hand up.

"What's a prodigy student?" She asks.

"It means that she's younger than you all. She also happens to be sponsored by Mr. Lee Soo Man himself so you can tell she is very smart." In which the class then errupted with whispers and chattering.

"Quiet class! Now I would like all of you to welcome her. You may come in now." She says and at that moment my heart skipped a beat.

Oh gosh.

Jaehwa I really wish you were here.

I walked into the class while holding my bag firmly (the bag was also given by Mr. Lee, seriously, I don't know what he sees in me). Trying my best to plaster a smile on my face, I shake my head a little to get some hair out of my face and said with my croaky voice.

"Annyeonghaseyo.. Kim Hyun Ji imnida. I am the prodigy student a year younger. Please treat me well." I say and I bowed. And when I rose up again, all eyes were staring at me but my eyes were caught on a pair of familiar small ones that sat at the very back of the class alone.

Jisung!

A few hands rose up to ask questions but Miss Song dismissed them.

"You can ask Miss Kim after the class. Now, you can sit next to Jisung over there since you're both from SM. I'd figure you'd both get along just fine." I nodded and went over to Jisung who had a big grin on his face. Since he was sitting at the seat near the window, I took the other one.

"You are seriously cool, did you know that?" He whispered to me as Miss Song started the class. I giggled a bit.

Looks like I'm hanging out with this doofus.

-

"There's the auditorium and there's the cafeteria. Oh, uh, speaking of which, do you want to eat? Uh, Hyunji?" Jisung waves his hand in front of my face.

"Huh oh yeah sure– damn! Your hands are big!" I say as a get a full view of his hands that could've covered my entire face.

"Haha.. thanks I get that a lot–"

"JISUNGIE!!" a voice calls out to Jisung from behind. As we turn around, we saw three boys, one of them was running towards Jisung while the rest were just waltzing.

The one who was running, presumably the one who called out to Jisung, immediately enveloped Jisung in a hug that looked like it could kill someone.

"Yah! Hyung! I can't breathe!"

"Jaemin-ah! Stop trying to kill Jisung!" Another boy, a little on the chubbier side, exclaimed and swatted 'Jaemin' from behind.

"I can't help it if he's cute!" Jaemin says back, finally releasing Jisung.

"Hey pipe it down. Who's your girlfriend, Jisung?" The last one finally catches up with them.

Immediately Jisung's face turned red "Hyung! She's not my girlfriend." He says, trying to contain his embarrassment.

"Are you serious? She's not your girlfriend?" The chubbier one asks.

"Jjinja? Okay nice, we have a chance then." The one called Jaemin says, earning another soft slap from on the shoulder from Jisung.

"Flirt," the guy who came last said.

"Hyungs, this is Hyunji. She's a prodigy student in my class, just transferred." Jisung then started introducing me to his hyungs.

"A prodigy student? How old are you?" The chubbier one asks.

"11."

"Yo, that's young." Jaemin says. "I'm Na Jaemin. But people like to call me Nana." He says and flashes a smile that could melt girls' hearts everywhere.

"I'm Lee Jeno. 14. And they like to call me no-jam." The one who came in last says and gives me an eye-smile.

"I'm Lee Donghyuck. But you can call me Haechan."

"Why Haechan?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Because I like to bring light into people's lives!" He says earning a swat from Jeno.

"Oh great. So do you guys want me to call you oppa.. or somethin-" I didn't even finish my sentence until they started giving me half-audible sentences to stop me from calling them that.

"What we mean is, if you're comfortable, then you may proceed." Jeno says finally.

We all then headed off to the cafeteria to eat. As we ate, the boys really acted like children. I learned that Donghyuck was the annoying one, but turns out we had a lot in common. We both liked to be sarcastic, annoy the heck out of people and make jokes. Jeno was the more humble one. He was mostly quiet but when he tried to make a joke, the whole table would fall silent because of the awkwardness. Jaemin, however, is someone that I would probably call a low-key hoe. He was very flirty, loved skinship and I learned that if you're not careful, this dude will hug you out of nowhere.

Turns out they were also from SM Entertainment. And they were all pretty shocked that I was in fact a major in rap.

I then excused myself to go to the bathroom, to have some alone time. While washing my hands, I got a text message. I opened the text message, that happened to be from Jaehwa.

Jaehwa-Yuuki: AYEEEEEEE

Me: ayo wassupppp

Jaehwa-Yuuki: guess who
just got accepted to CUBE
ENTERTAINMENTTT

Me: Hmmm... I dunno who? XD

Jaehwa-Yuuki: You're mean

Me: lol jkjk
Me: CONGRATS GURLLLL

Jaehwa-Yuuki: lol how are
you doing at SM?

Me: everything's cool.
I already have a few friends.
Just they all happen to be
boys.

Jaehwa-Yuuki: lol wut?? XD

Me: haha hey I gotta go to
class. TTYL