Newfound Determination

Sonic's P.O.V

Y/N fell asleep in my arms after what she told me. I felt bad for her. I knew she had a hard life, but I didn't think she had this hard of a life. Now I understand why it was so hard for her to talk about it to us. But what she said to me...

I don't know, it just kinda stuck with me.

I have a feeling I've helped her in more ways than I realize.

I picked her up and took her back to the hotel. I called Tails and told him that I found Y/N. He said that he'll be at the hotel in a few minutes. I put Y/N on her bed in her hotel room. She has always looked so peaceful when she sleeps, but after what I learned about her, I can see a bit of pain underneath her peacefulness.

Tails soon came in and saw Y/N asleep. He was relieved to see that she was okay and came to me. "Sonic. Is she okay? And what was with those bruises?" He asked in low voice as to not wake Y/N. "She fine now, and I'll tell you about that later. Get some rest, buddy." I said to him. He nods and when to his hotel room to rest. I decided to stay with Y/N until she wakes up.

After an hour or so, I lost track of time, she started to wake up. She looked around her hotel room until her eyes settled on me. "Morning Y/N." I said with a smile. "Morning." She said. She sat up and looked around again. "I'm guessing you took me here?" She asked. "Yep." I answered.

"Look. Y/N. I know it may be too soon, but Tails wants to know about your bruises." I said. She soon looked at me, giving me her full attention. "If you want, I can tell Tails what you told me about them." I offered. She shook her head. "No. I should tell him." She said. "Are you sure?" I asked. She nodded her head. "He deserves to know the truth, and it should come from me." She said. I noticed something different in her eyes when she said that, but I can't quite pinpoint it right now.

I nodded as I lead her to Tails. When Tails saw her come in, he suddenly stood up. Y/N sighed before walking up to Tails. "Tails. There's something I need to tell you." She said. They both sat down and she starts to explain her story to Tails.

Tails listened through her whole story. He couldn't believes what he was hearing, but he didn't interrupt her. When she was done telling her story and telling him why she had bruises, he got up and immediately hugged her. She flinched, not expecting a hug, and hugged back.

Looking back on it now and listening to her story again, it all started to connect. The fact that she flinches when hugged made sense. She didn't have anyone to talk to or find comfort in, and how she started to shake when that explosion went off in Tails' workshop. The signs were there, and I failed to piece it together right away.

When they stopped hugging, she looked at me and Tails. "Tails.... Sonic.... let's go get that Chaos Emerald back." She said. Her eyes looked different again, and now I know what it is.

She found her will and determination to be strong and fight back.

It's short, I know. But I thought that you guys deserved a chapter after so long.