||Chapter Two|| {Part One}

"I... I think I remember you."

Michael had tears running down his face calmly.

"Like... I don't know - it's hard to explain... I remember seeing you in my room with me. We were laughing... and... playing games together."

He struggled to get his words put together.

"Why am I crying...? It's not a sad memory at all, but... I feel nostalgic. Like when you discover your old dusty games from your childhood... it's a bittersweet feeling. I'm sorry. I'm talking a lot."

His voice tripped and fell over his words, painting them a sad tone.

"That's... weirdly poetic." You blinked.

He had this strong of a feeling that he was crying; the tears kept on pouring.

Still, none of this made sense. He can't possibly remember you.

This isn't the same Michael from before.

It can't be.

Right?

You looked back down to the paper that was limited by the pressure of your foot. The same foot that used to be limited by a cast.

And you looked back up to Michael.

"I'm sorry. I'm... probably creeping you out, right?" He frowned and put his hood over his head.

"Not at all. I... I understand what you mean." You looked away, trying to forget.

You can't forget.

Your mind held on, no matter what, as if the past held some kind of other importance.

"The way I... I called you by your name. Before you even told me. It wasn't very... formal of me, I guess." You fiddled with your thumbs.

Michael looked confused, but nodded nonetheless.

You bent down and picked up the piece of paper.

Michael stumbled suddenly, as if his mind had left his body for a split second.

"(Y/n)... you.. you know?!" Michael's face flushed red and his eyes widened as he tugged his hood over his face in embarrassment.

You paused.

"What..?" You cocked an eyebrow.

"That one time! I woke up, and... you! You were touching my arm. You saw it." He pointed a finger at you during his accusation.

You smiled to yourself, remembering what he was talking about.

The vitiligo.

"It's not that big of a deal." You said.

"What?!" He shrieked, scaring off some bystander birds that fluttered away.

"It's like... my deepest secret! How is that not a big deal?!" Michael whined again.

"I mean... it's not a big deal because you look amazing either way." You smiled sweetly, not fully realizing what you said.

Michael's face got more red, if that was even possible at this point.

He released the fabric of his jacket.

You inched closer to the paper, the tips of your fingers just inches away.

Michael's breath hitched, and he gasped in horror.

"Oh god, I... I hit Jeremy?!" He started to cry again.

He really was busting out all his feelings today.

You snatched up the paper.

"Finally!" You said in victory.

Michael ran towards you.

"Michael! Wha-"

...He wrapped you in his arms and choked out a small sob.

"Every time you disappeared... I stayed. We couldn't find you. Nobody could. You just left without a trace. I couldn't take it, (Y/n). In most of the times, you were the only one that was ever there for me."

"I.... I missed you. I though that I'd never see you again." His voice was shaky. He held you tighter.

"Michael, I...

I'm so sorry."

You began to cry, too. You hugged him back.

You two stayed like that for a very long time.

"I was so stupid." You laughed stalely. "The answer was right in front of me the entire time. It was you."

"It... It's over now, right? Is this real?" He sniffled.

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure this is it." You smiled.

"No more crazy, magic, weird, ...stuff." You patted Michael's back comfortingly.

You remembered what was in your hand.

"Oh, shit."