Chapter 16 - Not a Demon

As Riku and August stand against each other, they both smile while gasping and panting. "Mr.Warren, you have been very calm all throughout..." said Lira with worry.

"Well, I suppose I'm a little used to these situations." he replied with a chuckle. "He...isn't acting normal..." thought Lira as she gritted her teeth. "I'm very sorry, Mr.Riku..." she thought with a sad expression.

"Have you told the Riku boy about your decision, Lira?" asked Walford, nonchalantly. "No. I haven't yet..." she said with a monotone voice. "I see..." Walford said.

"Kashiri...Nariyuki, I can do this! You're here with me, right?" he thought as he held Manaka with a nervous smile. "You seem more like yourself, Partner!" said Manaka.

"Yeah. I found my flow again, I guess!" he said as he continued smiling. "I see! Then let's show that boy there that trash can impress people, right?" asked Manaka.

"Didn't have to say it like that, honestly, but you're absolutely correct!" he said with no fear in his voice. "Yeah, we're probably leaving this academy! You ready to follow me wherever I go?" he asked her. "Wherever you take me, Partner!" she replied.

"Let's go, August!" he yelled with a friendly tone. "My pleasure..." August replied as Riku felt the pressure August was releasing. "He's not trying to use his Aura to attack, yet it's this strong offensively?" thought Riku as he kept his balance.

"His sides are blocked. His front is obviously getting the most protection. I don't know about the back...He's underestimating me, despite what he saw Nariyuki do..." thought Riku as he smiled.

"Manaka! Be prepared." he said. "Prepared?" she asked. "Yeah. We taunted each other or whatever a while ago, but he isn't moving a muscle towards me. He wants me to take the offensive!" Riku explained.

"I see, let's begin then." she said in a confident tone. As Riku inhaled and exhaled, he began charging towards August with a careful feel in his step.

"Riku...What are you?" Mac thought with a worry. "That wasn't you just then, was it? What's wrong that you're not telling us?" he thought.

"Back, front, sides...Below then?" Riku thought as he swung his sword, trying to go for under his legs. "Ah, not good." said August, immediately shifting his Aura towards his legs. "That fast?!" thought Riku as he landed his sword against the Aura, with August causing it to push Riku back.

"What's he even trying to do?" Riku thought as he realised August's arrogant smile. "Is he actually hoping my stamina goes out...? If so, he might be right there." thought Riku as he realised the fatigue in his body.

"I have to think...carefully. I don't have that many more opportunities, anyway." he thought as he looked around August's body. "Anything..." he thought as his eyes widened.

With a swift charge, Riku spread his hands wide, jumping onto August and beginning to grip onto August's arm, shocking him and the audience. "W-what so you think you're doing?!" asked August.

"You're using your pinkie fingers, right? I'm pretty sure here...!" said Riku as he watched a smile emerge on August's smile. "So to get around that, you're holding my pinkie fingers?" he asked.

    "Trash will always be trash!"

said August as he blinked, causing his Aura to extend. "It's like...a bubble?!" thought Riku as he watched August snap his fingers, causing the Aura to create a shock, sending Riku flying into a wall.

"Do you see now?! It's unbreakable! My Aura is more powerful than you can imagine! Every limb, every organ in my body controls my Aura, pathetic trash!" he yelled with a smile as he watched Riku emerge from the wall, shaking with a smile.