Cloud - First part

They never talked again about Elin, nor about their feelings. But sometimes, just sometimes, Leif let himself be vulnerable when he was with Mira, and to show him some parts of himself.

That evening, after a day like many others, the two boys went for a walk at the beach.

- Mira - began Leif, and his serious voice tone made Mira think about the most different things.

Mira, I want to get to know you better too. I want to know the taste of your mouth, the softness of your lips on mine...

No, no, that was one of Mira's thoughts.

Wait, what?

Yes, that was true. He thought about it often, since that evening.

Mira, you have to repay me for all the presents I gave you and you have to find a new home as soon as possible.

That made him worry a bit. He had saved some money, but not much. Surely not enough to repay his presents and to afford a house. But he didn't want to take advantage of his generosity forever.

Mira, I'm still madly in love with Elin.

It would have made him happy that Leif confided in him, that he trusted him that much, but at the same time that admission would have hurt him, he didn't know why.

Mira, Mira, Mira, you should be more honest with yourself.

- You know... you've been living here for a while, now. If you really are a Dragontamer, like the feather on your wrist makes me think, then we have to find you a dragon.

Mira's eyes widened, as he felt both relieved and disappointed at the same time, and a bit surprised. He absolutely had not thought about that.

- E-eh?

- Actually, your dragon has to find you.

Mira stopped, confused as ever. Leif looked at him and chuckled.

- Let's sit here - he said, letting himself fall on the sand. The boy obeyed and sat next to him. Their legs touched. - Mira, there are many wild dragons. A Dragontamer can tame many dragons before finding their own. Before the dragon finds them. The Dragontamer can also choose to keep a dragon they're attached to, even though it might not be their fated dragon. But it's unusual.

- How do I know that a dragon is my dragon?

- You just know. You feel it. And the dragon feels it too.

Mira nodded.

- Will you help me? - he asked shyly. Leif smiled.

- Yes and no. I'll teach you some things about dragons, but you'll have to tame your dragon. I won't be able to help you, you'll have to prove that you're a worthy Dragontamer.

- I don't think I really want a dragon - muttered the boy, worried. The Dragontamer chuckled again and ruffled his hair.

- I'll make you the best Dragontamer, Mira. You'll have to work hard, but you'll have nothing to be afraid of.

- But Leif... what if I'm actually not a Dragontamer?

- You'll become one - affirmed amused the blonde. His hand rested on his friend's hair.

Leif found himself lost in Mira's gaze, in his eyes in which stars were reflected, in his sweet face illuminated by the moon.

He gulped. He thought that Elin had extinguished his fire, but that boy was making it flare up and burn again.

- Let's go back home - he said, grudgingly. - Tomorrow you'll have your first lesson, so you have to be well rested and fit.

***