Prologue

Prologue
Ava Bekker is taking his only son, Jordan to bed. She entered the room, painted blue like the sky, she placed Jordan in bed and tuck him in.
“Mommy” Jordan said “Where is Daddy? Is he coming back?” He said again, Ava looked at him and she placed her hand in his shoulder “I don’t know honey. Go to sleep now, your going with grandpa” Ava stated.
Ava got up and left the room, turning off the lights and putting Jordan’s nightlight.
Ava went straight to the kitchen, the house was silent the only thing that could be heard was Ava’s footsteps, she reached the cupboard and took out a cup, Ava took a bottle of wine, and she poured some wine inside and proceed to take a sip. Ava looked directly at the empty and dark hallway.
Ava started to wonder what Jordan had ask. Where could Connor be? It’s been 6 years since Connor left Ava and Jordan.
Ava finished her wine and walked slowly up the stairs, she entered her room and she laid in bed.
----------------------
The next morning Ava got up early and went to wake up Jordan, she changed him into his school clothes, Ava left off Jordan with Cornelius. Ava kissed him goodbye and left to the hospital. She arrived and entered through the ED. “Morning Ava” Maggie said as she passed, Ava smiled and answered back “Morning Mags”.
Meanwhile, at Cornelius apartment, Jordan was having breakfast, since school started an hour later. Cornelius was reading a newspaper, Jordan took another spoonful of cereal. Jordan felt an urge to ask about his father and without hesitation, he asked. “Papa Cornelius, do you know where my dad is?” Cornelius placed the newspaper on the table and look at Jordan. “I don’t know J, we haven’t heard from him” Cornelius dryly says, Jordan slowly lowers his head and then he continues eating without saying a word.
--------------
Seconds turn into minutes, minutes to hours, hours to days, days to weeks and weeks to years. Jordan had grown up and was part of the CPD Intelligence unit, Jay had taken Hank’s job as squad commander when Hank retired. Ava manage to stay strong for her only son, and Connor remain a mystery. Jordan studied criminal Justice and became a detective, Jay included him to the IU. Something inside of Jordan wanted something. To find his father.

[A/N: Here is the sequel for The ED Resident, I'm trying to write this in 3rd person, if something is wrong with my writing, I can gladly change it. I hope you enjoy this story like the last one. Love you all!!!! 🖤🖤]