Chapter 5 "Connor"

Chapter 5
“Connor”
Jay had explained the unit how they were gonna proceed with Damien. They were gonna use Kate to drag him out, then ambush the place they were gonna take her. That was all taking place tomorrow.
Meanwhile, Jordan texted Amy that he was gonna pick her up. She quickly responded with an 'ok'.
Jordan was nervous, he got in his car and drove as fast as he could to Amy’s house.
There wasn’t that much traffic has he expected there to be. He parked in front of Amy’s apartment and he got out of his car. He entered and texted her that he had arrived, she left him on a read message. Jordan sat down on a sofa in the lobby and then the elevator opened. Amy exited it with a black coat.
They weren’t going anywhere fancy, but they dressed up if they were going somewhere.
Jordan took Amy to a café, it was quiet and nice. There wasn’t a lot of people there, it was a nice mood for a date.
There order was taken and they sat in a booth in silence.
Jordan’s phone suddenly started ringing. “Excuse me” he said and got up and went to another place.
Amy sat there, just watching the video of the street. The waiter had already brought her coffee, she just saw Jordan lips moving so fast and shaking. She saw him putting his phone back to his pocket and he grabbed his jacket that was on the chair he was sitting on. “Amy, my mom is at Med. Jay just called and he wants you at the crime scene, he was going to text you the location.” Jordan rapidly said. Amy nodded. “I’m sorry our date had to get cut off short.” Jordan said and gave her a kiss in the cheek “I’ll see you later” he said and ran off.
Jordan had arrived at Med, he had asked for Ava. He was taken right away to where Ava was, Jay and Ruzek were already questioning Ava. Jordan stepped in and everyone’s eyes were on him. Jay and Ruzek went outside and left Ava and Jordan alone in the room. “Mom…” he said and hug her, Ava’s eyes started to fill up with tears and so did Jordan’s. “Honey, your Dad warned me that this was gonna happen”. Jordan’s eyes opened wide and he smiled. “I need to track down where he called” Jordan said, still hugging Ava. They broke from there hug and started to chat.
After a few hours, Jordan got a call from Kate. Jordan didn’t answer and Kate started to send messages, telling him that Damien had contacted her again.
Kate was in her house, when she got the call from Damien himself telling her that she had tomorrow to pay him.
Kate had called and texted Jordan to inform him, he didn’t answer. Kate tapped her foot like a rabbit, she grabbed her backpack and left to the station to inform someone.
Jordan and Ava had a long talk, but then Ava let the bomb drop. “J. I need you to find your Dad.” “You sure? Yes, find him. I believe he’s in dangerous paths. Try to find him” Jordan shook his head. “Ok. Mom, I’ll find him” Jordan said assuring Ava. Jordan grabbed his phone after hours of not using it. And saw 15 missed calls from Kate and a bunch of messages of her. “Mom, gotta go. I’ll come back later” Jordan said and nodded.
Kate arrived at Station 21st and was received by Sargent Platt. “I’m looking for Jordan Rhodes” Kate said as she reached the desk. “He’s not here” Platt rudely said. Kate rolled her eyes and said “Is someone from the intelligence team here?”. “No, everyone is out”.
Kate nodded and sat down in a bench.
Jordan had arrived at the station, he parked his car and entered the building. He saw Kate on her phone, he tapped her shoulder and she jumped “It’s me” Jordan whispered since Platt was asleep. “Let’s go upstairs” Jordan whispered and they walked slowly upstairs.
Jordan sat down on his chair and Kate in his desk. “Guess what?” he said, Kate opened her eyes with a 'what' face expression. “Dad called my mom. So maybe I can track the call” Jordan explained and Kate smiled “Great, we should get to it. On the other side, we’re kinda fucked up, Damien wants to meet tomorrow” Kate mentions Jordan sighs and then speaks “I’ll get planning this first, then back to tracking down Dad”
Jordan turned on his computer and started doing his research on Damien.
“Says here that and I quote 'Deadly assassin, looked for in 72 countries and also, influencer.’” Jordan says as he reads the file on the PC. “He’s a son of a bitch. They should add that to the file” Kate says and laughs. Jordan puts his finger in his mouth reminding her that Platt is asleep.
Kate and Jordan spent the rest of the night planning, when everyone got to the station, Jordan was asleep on his chair and Kate on one of the desks.
Amy took out her phone and took a photo. Burgess and Antonio shook both of them up, Jordan opened his eyes and yawned. “What hour is it?” Jordan asked as he rubbed his eyes. “8 am” Amy responded “Guys! I have the plan to get Damien once and for all” Jordan shouted.
------
Jordan had explained the Intelligence team his and Kate’s plan.
Later in the evening. Kate had called back Damien. And they picked her up, Jordan had planted a bug and a tracker.
The team waited patiently for Kate’s signal. 
As soon as Kate arrived at an abandoned warehouse. Damien stepped out from the shadows “Kate. Kate. Kate. Did you bring the money you owe me?” Damien asked extending his hand waiting for Kate to give him his money “Not really, just came here to hear one of your lectures” Kate mocked him “You ugly piece of shit.” Damien said. Kate gave him the bird and then tried to leave when Damien spoke again.
“It’s Rhodes right? Like Connor Rhodes famous CT and Trauma surgeon” Kate nodded to what Damien had said.
“J” Kate said softly.
That was the signal. Jordan went to the front of the van and drove off.
---
Meanwhile Damien continued speaking.
“He’s been missing for years or is he?” Kate took a step back but Damien’s men grabbed her and dragged her closer to Damien. “The slut bag of your father left you and your mom”
Kate closed her fist and threw the first punch. It landed on Damien’s cheek making him fall to the floor.
Damien’s men grabbed they’re guns and aimed at her. Suddenly there was gun fire from the outside. They pointed there guns to the door and waited patiently.
The doors blasted open with an explosion. And everyone was swept from the floor and sent out flying.
I laid in the floor, and stayed there. Jordan approached me and lifted me up “Get up. Here” he says and gives me a gun.
Gun shots are fired and Jordan and I cover behind a container. Kate took a look through one of the gun shot holes and she saw Damien running away.
She ran after him, she dodged gunshots and grenades. And she finally reached him in a alley. She shot him and the shot landed on his back.
She grabbed him and yelled.
“Where’s my Dad? You asshole?!”
Damien laughed
“Your father doesn’t love you” he said
Kate punched him in the face and he cough up blood. “Fuck you” Damien said and took a deep breath and he went limb. “Shit he’s dead” Kate whispered and dropped the body in the floor.
[I'm so sorry for not updating. I've got exams coming up and I've been studying and doing a bunch of homework hard to keep up. Hope y'all understand
Love 🖤]