Chapter 4 × Play With Your Food

"Class, we're going to be fighting."

That sentence alone got the whole class roaring.

"We'll be training among ourselves. There's an event in a month where you will fight others from the other class. The prize will be disclosed at a later date."

Everyone stopped talking. They were feeling the tension from needing to fight those.. dumber classes. They weren't as smart, but they could fight well. And the prize didn't have to be disclosed for them to know it was worth a lot.

"Y/N you've got to participate this year. Didn't you fuck those people up for Dahyun? We're finally old enough  to join. You should!" Taehyung said

"I don't mean to burst your bubble." Y/N started. "But my arm is still.. fucked. Besides, I can't fight that well. Maybe you can."

"Me? You kidding? I can't mess up my beautiful face. And well.. there's a guy that I really like. I don't want to embarrass myself by losing. I can't fight at all." Taehyung mumbled.

"It's Jennie, isn't it?" Y/N smirked.

Taehyung covered his mouth. "Don't say it out loud! You're going to get me killed. Not literally, but you get the idea."

Y/N laughed and patted his friend on the shoulder. "Don't worry. You're Kim Taehyung! What can possibly go wrong."

"Class, settle down." The instructor shouted. "There will be two rings. Male and Female. We'll need to be training hard, I don't be need to be teaching losers. We must win this year. The other class has always won. Now it's our turn."

Even if his arm wasn't broken, he probably wouldn't participate. He was a serial killer, not a fighter.  Though he did learn how to, but that was not the point. The body he has now is weak and fragile. He never trained, which is how his arm broke so easily. Fighting the ones in the lower classes would not be good.

"Oi, broken arm. You're not fighting, go sit somewhere else. Everyone who don't want to participate, go with him." The instructor boomed, and he did what he was told.

Taehyung and a few others followed. Including Tzuyu. It was surprising that the Japanese trio would be fighting. He had a thought that perhaps they were in the Yakuza and they were trained.

But that was a stretch.

"You're not gonna fight, Tzuyu?" Y/N asked.

Tzuyu sat next to him and sighed. "Not really. I feel like this is stupid and a waste of time. We're not going to win the fight. That prize is probably a waste of money, too."

"Well done. Your Korean is improving." Y/N patted her head. "In a few more months you'll be fluent."

"I've had a good teacher, after all." Tzuyu giggled, looking up at him proudly.

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Go and flirt somewhere else."

"Shut up or I'll tell Jennie your secret." Tzuyu said.

Taehyung opened his mouth to retaliate, but saw how serious Tzuyu looked and closed his mouth. Tzuyu had also grown more friendly to others, knowing that Y/N was supporting her only helped.

"Imagine having to fight the seniors. That sounds scary." Taehyung shuddered.

"I wish Y/N could have fought. He would be so cool." Tzuyu hummed.

He laughed and shook his head. "I can't fight, Tzuyu. I just wanted to protect my sister."

"Dahyun told me that you went up against seven people. Seven! I don't think a person who couldn't fight would be able to handle even one. They were almost twice your age." Tzuyu said. "And she was so excited when she told me the story. She couldn't possibly be lying."