Chapter 6 × Object of Obsession

"New year, new us." Dahyun announced.

"Hell yeah it is!" Jeongyeon pumped her fist up to the sky.

Y/N stared at them, sighing. "Guys, calm down. You're making a scene. Everyone's going to look at you weird."

"But we're beautiful! Everyone should be whipped for us." Sana ran her hands through her hair, acting cute. "You should be, too Y/N."

"Oh look. Your fans. You definitely have attracted some attention." Y/N gestured to behind the girls, seeing the crowd of guys and girls alike who would wish to hold even a small conversation with them.

When they turned back find Y/N, he was already gone. "Damn, he's fast." Mina murmured.

"Huh?" Jihyo looked around. "Where'd he go?"

"Dunno. But we should probably get in before the entrance gets crowded and we get scolded." All nine of them smiled and waved, pushing through to enter the school gates.

The stopped when they noticed Y/N talking with a new student. It appears that she was lost and asked Y/N for directions, but they didn't like how close she was to him.

"Want to kill her later?" Tzuyu asked, and everyone stared at her as if she was crazy. She looked around with a straight face. "... Or not."

They watched as Y/N pointed in the direction where she needed to go. She nodded and gave him a hug before running off in said direction.

They all approached him, and even he shuddered because of how menacing they were as a group.

"Who was that?" Jihyo asked.

"Why did she hug you?" Dahyun also asked

"Are we not enough for you?" Nayeon crossed her arms.

"You cheating bastard!" Sana fake cried.

"What are you girls even on about? We aren't dating. She was just lost for directions. New year, new people. I think her name is Jeon Somi." Y/N explained, but they all surrounded him.

"So you like younger girls? Huh? Is that it?" Tzuyu asked, angrily.

Y/N sighed. This was going to be a long day.

•~•

"Everyone, remember to complete your assignments. Due tomorrow." The teacher said.

Everyone complained, but said nothing else. Y/N packed his bags and stood up. First day, and he already felt like killing himself. More stuff he already knew being retaught.

"Y/N! Hurry up." Momo called for him. "I'm hungry. The others are waiting for us. We're going to have fast food!"

"Coming!" Y/N ran up to Momo and they both walked down the hallway.

Momo couldn't help but feel giddy with the happiness she was feeling. Walking with Y/N that close felt like they were dating. She glanced at his hand, wanting to hold it, but no matter how much she steeled herself, she couldn't bring herself to do it.

But apparently, he saved her the trouble. He reached and intertwined his fingers with hers. She squeaked, but didn't complain. If he was anymore nearer, he could've heard how loud her heart was beating.

"Are you alright? You seem out of it." Y/N asked.

"E-Eh? No, I'm fine." Momo murmured.