Falling In Love With A Jerk I Hate Chapter 9

I am very disappointed :( I mean I got like 350 reads and I only get 19 votes in total. Even last chapter I got 30 something reads and only 2 votes what's with you? Don't you like it? If not then why are you continuing to read my story is it just to laugh at what I write or something? I am frustrated!!!!!!!! If its that boring I'm gonna stop to write this story, because i may as well have something else to do, than write something that no one likes anyway. If you don't want me to stop, tell me, comment, write me something that will give me the strength go continue.

And I rewrote parts in the first chapter because I saw that there were many readers who didn't continue with the story. :( So if you wanna take a peak, feel free. If you don't don't worry, nothing really happened, except Carter and Amy exchange "hi". Wow, so fun :) lol

Thanks :)

So here is Chapter 9, cause I finally got a break so I'm squeazing you in.

Hope you like it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So pumpkin, how was your day?"

My dad came behind me to kiss me on the cheek, like he does every time he gets back home from work.

"Not so good, you?" I was trying to distract him, so that he wouldn't ask me why my day was no crappy. But I guess it didn't work, because he spun me around, and asked me squarely what was wrong.

"Its just that there is this new guy, and his name is Carter Lowe, you know the singer? Well I was charged by the principal to show him the school and everything, and he was soo anoying, and he didn't stop being a jerk all day. It was horrible, really. And because of him, I got detention from being late in my science class. Can you believe this? I didn't ask for anything, and then there's this guy that just comes in my life and ruins it once again. So NO, I didn't have a good day. You?"

I was a bit breathless after all this, and I finally took things slow, and looked at my dad. I could see that his eyes were shinning, and that he looked happy for the first time since.... well since mom died last year. Even thinking about it makes me cry. I know its been a year, but I still miss her soo much. She was very sweet and comprehensive, and she was my best friend. I love her and I wish she would have stayed with us longer, if it wasn't for the cancer.

"Well my day went very well, unlike you" He ruffled my hair. Ugh I hate when he does that, I always have to redo my hair, which slips from my pony tail and make me look like a lion.

"Yeah, but why are you smiling like that?"

"Pumpkin, I met the most wonderful woman at the supermarket this afternoon, and I asked her on a date, and she said yes!!!!!"

I was surprised. My dad met another woman? The concept never even entered my mind before now. How weird this sounds. I could still remember my mother cleaning the kitchen, dancing and singing to a song on the radio, and my dad coming behind her and hugging her and loving her. This was one of the most precious memories I have of her, of how we were happy before, together, just us three together. I sighed.

"Wow dad" faking happiness for him. "This is great! So when is the date anyway?"

"Tonight."

"Tonight?"

"Yes. Oh but here take this money and buy yourselves a pizza for supper."

"YOURSELVES?"

"Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot to mention I invited her daughter over, since she will also be alone. You two can hang out or something. I'm sure you'll like her. If I am correct, you are the same age and go to the same school, so maybe you will already know her. How great is that?"

I muttered to myself sarcastically "Great, I am so thrilled!!" And I made a face of disgust.

As I made my way to the stair case, I heard the doorbell ring and I turned around, just in time for my dad to great the visitor. I was guessing this was the date in question. Oh well, I started to go up the stairs, when my dad called me. I turned again, and my jaw dropped.

My father was standing next to a petite woman with a pretty face and long blond hair. Next to her, was nearly a replica of the woman, except she was thinner and taller. She went to my school alright. I also knew her for years. Because standing for the first time in years in my living room, was none other than Amber.

Great, just great. Now, my day was officially the worst ever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it!!!!!!

Don't forget to vote and comment (like I said at the beginning) If you don't remember, go back.

Steph