Ch.4

"What are we gonna do with him?" 

"Idk he's here for you brother. He's gonna be your coach. This is a huge privilege" 

"That's not what I mean, he's literally asleep on the floor." I look past the coffee table and Victor is indeed asleep on the floor with Makkachin. I giggle softly to myself I leaned into Yuri's ear and whispered "Why don't you go snuggle with him, Yuri, you know you want to" I gave him a look and he turned to me flustered and blushing even more. 

"I don't like him that way your crazy!" 

"So you blush when watching everyone sleep brother?" I nudged his shoulder laughing at how worked up he was getting. My brother has never dated a girl and he's never told me he liked anyone. We tell each other everything but that's never something he's talked about with me. I could tell by the way Yuri watched him that there was more than just the excitement of Victor being here. Mom came in and noticed Victor on the floor and said "Well, someone is really tired is anyone hungry?" at that moment Victor began to stir and he sat up from where he was sleeping on the floor. "Did I hear food?" 

Mom giggled "Yes what would you like to eat?"

"What does Yuri like to eat? If I'm gonna get to know you, Yuri, it's only fitting I try what you like to eat." I smiled along with mom knowing the answer to that "That would be a bowl of Pork Cutlet. Yuri loves that" 

"Alright I'll try that" Victor states, I looked over and Yuri was in shock. I clapped Yuri on the shoulder to tell him to not be so awkward and try to make conversation with Victor. Once mom brought out the meal Victor comment how delicious it looked and then when he took his first bite I was convinced I saw a tear start down his face. "This is delicious this is the best meal I've had in a long time!" Victor proclaimed. I looked at Yuri and I never thought he'd speak until he finally spoke up "Yeah it's my favorite meal, I would eat it when I would win a competition. Lately, I've been eating them a lot more though."  I didn't have to say anything when Victor spoke up with a smile "That's very good to know, but until you have lost weight and gone back to the weight you were when you would figure skate you are not allowed to eat any Pork cutlet and you are not allowed to step foot on the ice." I laughed as you could see just how much that comment shocked Yuri. 

Later that night Yuri and I helped Victor move the boxes to his room and I could hear talking from the hall so I poked my head out and Victor was standing with a pillow and blanket "Come on Yuri let's have a slumber party!" You could hear Yuri on the other side of the door yelling No and telling Victor to go away. When Victor turned around to walk away I leaned against my door and told him "Don't take it to personal, he's really happy to have you here. He just doesn't know how to express himself he's a really shy kid, he doesn't have any confidence in himself." Victor gave me a nod and asked me if I could tell him anything else about my brother. I looked at him and smiled "Up for a skate?" He smiled and nodded back to me. I reached in my room to grab my bag with my skates in it. I had sweatpants on and a short sleeved t-shirt on. I checked on my brother and he was already sound asleep. I tected Yuuko and told her I was gonna skate for a little while and she texted back saying it was okay as long as I locked up after I was done. I had a key as I used to work for Yuuko and they gave me and my brother each a key to be able to get in if we wanted to skate. 

Victor and I walked in the dark over the bridge talking about Yuri, how he was when he was a kid and all the fun we would have at the ice castle. When we arrived I turned the lights on and just in case I locked the main door so no one just walked in on us skating. No one would notice from the door that the rink was lit up unless they went inside. I flipped the switch and the lights came on and you could see the huge skating arena. Victor seemed to like the fact he could skate and had no one watching him over his shoulder. I put my skates on and laced them up. I was the first on the ice and Victor followed. For a while we didn't say anything to each other he just seemed very happy to be able to skate again after being off the ice a while. I watched him working on a routine I had not yet seen before. Once Victor had grown tired it looked I popped my headphones in and I began working on the routine I had for a song my coach had picked. He seemed happy watching me, and right when I went in to do the triple lutz I heard a noise from behind me and I lost my focus as I was worried about what the sound was so I fell. 

I rubbed my knee laughing at the fact I had fallen and failed my last jump. Victor came over to me and asked me if I was okay, I smiled and that's when I was done for the night I took a pretty hard tumble. I sat on the wall and said "So, what about Yuri made you wanna be his coach? I know you watched the video. What caught your eye" Without batting an eye he replied, "I guess it was the fact he was able to copy my gold medal performance and yet he still was not out there beside me that day on the podium." I smiled knowing that's what I was thinking when I saw him skate the routine. 

"You know Victor I thought the same thing when I watched him from that side that day. Yuri has no confidence in himself when a ton of people are watching him. He is elegant and beautiful for a select few but you put him out there in front of a crowd and he chokes. Yuri is the most dedicated person I know. He loves skating but sometimes the pressure just gets to him and he flops. I may be younger but I've watched it too many times" Victor seemed to understand and I heard him say under his breath "I'm gonna turn that little piggy into a prince" I knew what he said so I just smiled and hopped off the wall. My knee was really hurting so I asked Victor "Are you ready to turn back?" he nodded but as he looked at me who is much shorter than him, he noticed my wrist was bright from the cold and the scars showed. I followed his eyes and I brushed it off. "Come on, I forgot my jacket and it's cold." Which was a total lie I came with a sweater in my bag.