[ 𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚍𝚢 ]

Kris x Singer!Reader
request for @Ayumi_Ackerman_22

You and Kris had one of the weirdest friendships in all of kindergarten. Everyone thought it was unusual how the quiet, reserved kid and the expressive, outgoing kid became best friends.

But that didn't matter now. Kris and you were in their room together, playing with stuffed animals as their older brother was in grade school.

"Kris! Kris!" You say, grabbing a toy wand and making it a makeshift microphone. "I'm going to sing for you! Yay!"

"Yay!" The brunette cheered and clapped as you climbed on top of their bed. You took a really deep breath and began to sing cheerfully.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star.

How I wonder what you are.

Up above the world so high.

Like a diamond in the sky.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star.

How I wonder what you are.

Kris clapped even harder. "Wow, (y/n), that was amazing!"

"Thanks! I hope I can be a famous singer one day! I'm really hoping my parents send my songs to the singer people!" You say cheerfully.

"They will! You're the best singer ever!"

"Aww Kris, you're so sweet!"

--

It was your last day in Hometown before you had to leave to pursue your career. Your other friends gave you farewell gifts, while Kris and you were holding a farewell party of your own.

"Krisp, I'm really sorry for leaving you," You said, prolonging the u. "I asked my mom if we could bring you along but she said no because you had school and stuff."

"It's alright! You're going to be a famous singer soon! It's your dream!" Kris reassures you.

You both hug each other one last time.

"Promise you'll visit someday?"

"I promise."

--

"Kris! Have you heard of (y/n)? She's a really famous singer, and she said she came from Hometown! How cool is that?" Monster Kid says to Kris, who jolts when they hear your name.

"Yep." They decide to say. Everything else MK says becomes white noise as Kris thinks of how you already achieved your dream.

Will I ever see (y/n) again?

--

You were going back to your old home for the holidays. It was nice to have a break once in a while, one which was away from the public eye.

You lean to on car window, listening to Billie Eilish and admiring the trees as you move past them. I wonder if things had changed in Hometown?

Checking your social media, you felt a relief when you saw that no one had leaked anything about you going to Hometown yet. Being a famous singer had its perks, and meeting fans was a great opportunity, but you really needed this break time.

You arrive in Hometown, and a wave of nostalgia washed over you as you drove past the familiar streets filled with familiar people. You saw officer Undyne, who looked like an official police recruit now. You saw Noelle, who had longer hair. You saw the old school in which you had spent time with your best friend.

Kris. How are they right now? Are they still the same quiet kid as last time? Are they going to be glad to see me here? Maybe I should visit their house?