30

Echo couldn't stand the fact that her best friend isn't speaking to her. She had to know what's up. She goes to Daisy's bedroom door and knocks. "Daisy, you in there?"

"No."

She opens the door anyway. "Daisy." She pouts. "You can't keep giving me the silent treatment. You know you can't stay mad at me." She makes a really ugly puppy face. Daisy can't help but laugh.

"You're right. I can't." She smiles.

"What's going on with you?"

"Nothing. I'm perfectly fine." She shrugs.

Echo glares at her the same way Daisy did to her last time. "Nothing means something. Spill." She quotes.

"Using my words against me, huh?"

"I am." She sits on the bed next to her. "I know you, Daisy, and something's up."

She sighs. "Well..."

"Well...spill it! I don't have all day!" She snaps.

She sighs once again and rolls her eyes. "I've recently had a miscarriage..."

Echo's jaw drops and she covers her mouth with one hand. "You were pregnant? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Cause I was too ashamed of losing the child soon after I found out."

"You lost it the same day?"

Daisy nods slowly, reflecting back to when it happened, and she tears up. "Jacob didn't even know!" She wipes her eyes.

Echo feels so bad. "Come here!" She pulls Daisy in for a friendly hug while she cries on her shoulder.

Daisy sobs into Echo's shoulder. "It happened a few hours before we had the fight. That's why I was so mad at you. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken my frustration out on you."

"It's okay, Daisy. I should've known." She pats her back. After that, they've made up.

---------------------1 Year Later-----------------------------

A year later, Daisy and Jacob finally get married! Echo and Roman are happy together with Carter. Paige and Seth have been out of sight for a while. They haven't even been to work. They probably ran off together making evil babies. The night after the wedding, Echo's with Daisy and Carter at Daisy's house. Jacob went to get groceries. "I can't believe Carter's starting kindergarten in two days!"

"Me neither! I'm a proud godmother!" She fake cries.

"Mommy, Aunty DayDay, I'm a big girl. Get over it!" Carter laughs.

"You're lucky you're cute, or else I'll beat your little ass!" Echo tickles Carter and laughs too.

"Wow, can't believe she's 5 already! Oh my gosh!" Daisy is so proud of her little goddaughter.

Echo's phone beeps and she checks it and it's Roman. He's asking her to come home. She raises her eyebrow. "That's strange. I thought he was still at work. Oh well, I gotta do as the man says. See ya! Oh and do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Watch Carter for me?"

"Oh of course!"

Echo turns to Carter. "Baby, be good for Aunty DayDay, okay?"

"Okay mommy." She smiles her sweet smile that makes everyone's heart melt.

"Come here! I'm gonna braid your beautiful dark hair!" Daisy pulls her in and tickles her. Carter laughs uncontrollably.

"Okay. You two have fun. I'll be back. This shouldn't take long." Echo exits the room and heads to her car. She parks at her home that she shares with Roman and Carter. "This should be quick." She thinks to herself. She gets the keys and unlocks her door. She enters the house and it's dark. She tries to turn on the light and fails because the power is inconveniently out. "Roman?" She calls out and no one answers. "This isn't funny!" She goes to every light switch and none of them work.