PROLOGUE

Prologue
"The Line That We Shouldn't Cross"

***

"You look so perfect together!"
"Are you sure that you both aren't dating?"
"Gosh, you look like a couple!"

Those lines are just one of the things, me and Raven would often hear. We would just laugh and tell them that we aren't a couple.

"Haha, are you kidding me? I will never date Raven, ever!"

A part of me kind of regretted saying that because as days followed, something changed about Raven. He was silent than usual, sometimes dodging the questions I would often ask. When I would invite him to walk in the park, he'd tell me unbelievable excuses. I felt awkwardness between us after the statement I made not so long ago.

Weeks passed and school had started again. Raven and I walked together to school. When we were walking, he held my hand all of a sudden. "What if we really dated?" he asked out of blue. I was shocked of the question, but did not show it to him. I guessed I blushed as I feel my cheeks being hot.

I laughed. "I guess if we really dated, it would turn out worst!" I don't know where I got that. A part of me regretted saying that, but my stupid mouth kept spouting that I just wish that the land would just eat me up already. "But really, I can't imagine dating you. You're like a brother I never had!"

"Oh yeah, right. I'm just your neighbor, best friend and... a brother to you,"

My heart shattered upon hearing his disappointment in his voice. He sighed and let go of my hand.

"I guess, there are just lines that we shouldn't cross,"

And after that, he left me there standing with nothing. If only he knew my true feelings for him, if only he knew... but I guess he was right. There are just some lines, boundaries even that we should never cross.