.1

*Flashback*

"Daddy! Daddy, please stop it!" I cried, tugging on my dad's blue shirt and trying to pry him off of my mum.

"Luke, you better get away before I hit you, just like I did your mum." He growled. He snapped his head over to me, his face layered with sweat and eyes a bright crimson from all the alcohol.

"Please don't hurt mummy." I whimpered, backing away towards the front door.

This was all happening right in the hallway.

I could hear my mom sob and my dad turned his attention back to my mum. He had his hands roughly gripped around my mums wrists.

"Please don't Andrew, not in front of Luke, please." She spoke barely above whisper.

My dad slapped my mum across the face, anger spilling out.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do Liz!"He screamed, making me jump.

"Mummy." I whimpered again, quietly.

"Luke, go upstairs, please." My mum pleaded, only getting slapped across the face again. Making me cry even harder.

"Oh, but he could stay and watch." My dad chuckled.

"No Andrew! He's only 7 years old!" My mom yelled.

"Liz, don't you dare raise your voice at me." He gritted leaning in and spitting in her face.

"Why can't I have a normal dad! Why can't I have a dad who cares about his family! I hate you! I hate you dad!" I squeaked running towards my dad, trying to trample him over.

My dad looked up at me with anger all over his face. He slapped me across my cheek and I froze, he's never hit me like that before. I immediately started to feel more tears come pouring out of my eyes. I kicked him, and I kicked him hard. I was tired of it, treating me and mummy badly. I slapped him across the face and saw him turn even redder.

"Luke, you shouldn't of done that." He screamed standing up off of my mum.

I realized that he was coming towards me, and I ran as fast as I could out the front door. I looked to see where I could hide when I realized I could've gone to Emilys house. I ran over there and headed straight for the backyard, it was chilly out. It was winter and I only had my footsie pajamas on. I banged on the back door as hard as I could, using my feet as well.

"Luke, get over here you little brat." My dad harshly spoke, and I could hear the snow crunch from under his feet.

Seconds later, Mrs. Jones opens the back door with a 6 year old Emily on her hip.

"Luke, hurry come in." She whispered, pulling me in the house, locking the back door.

"Your dad back from the bar?" She softly asked.

"Y-yeah." I sobbed.

"Here, go upstairs with Emily. Play in her room, it's okay honey." She softly spoke, pushing us towards the stairs.

Emily held my hand as we ran up into her bedroom, locking the door. I sat down with her on the bed and she hugged me.

"It's okay, Lukey." She quietly said.

I hugged her even tighter and sobbed.

She let go of me, leaving me confused.

She scooted herself on the floor and grabbed my Spider-Man action toy, hugged it tight and handed me it.

"Spidey will keep you safe Lukey." She told me smiling.

"I know." I smiled back, whipping some tears away.

"Best friends forever Lukey." She happily cheered.

"Best friends forever Em." I smiled.

*****************************************

Hey guys! I made a new story, as you can see! 😂 This is a Luke Hemmings fanfiction, and I think that this one is going to be a lot better than the other story. I'm getting a new cover made, so I'm leaving the punk edit cover of Luke temporary. I wrote this all last night, and I know that it's not long at all, but I promise I'll make the next update even longer. I still don't know if I'm going to continue my other book, but let's see how it goes. Much love, Haylee 💕