011

Authors note: im getting all motivated by reading all of your comments so here I am !! :) enjoy!

Don't forget to leave a comment and vote so I know what you guys are predicting or thinking about this chapter! Enjoy!

•••

I SPENT THE REST OF MY DAY IN MY bedroom watching some crappy movie on Netflix with a box of tissues by my side for my stuffy nose and kept popping some cough drops into my mouth to calm down my throat. The movie I was watching on Netflix is a Netflix original but it's really boring and cringey but I had nothing else to do.

I heard Matthew's bedroom door slowly open and two footsteps walked past my room  down the hallway. I heard the front door open then closed. I tilted my head back hoping that Matthew left with Hailey too. My empty stomach was still grumbling and it's been hours since I last ate. I wanted to eat something but soup is all I could think of. I didn't want to eat the soup alone so I stayed in my room ignoring my hungry stomach and just kept gulping down big chucks on water.

When the movie ended, I got up from my bed to go to the kitchen to prepare me something else rather than soup. As soon as I stood up, my bedroom door opened and came in Matthew with a tray of two white bowls of chicken soup and two glasses cup of water with also Tylenol on the side.

"Uh- I cooked you some soup." Was the first thing he said. I clenched my first behind my back as I narrowed my eyes at him starting to feel angry with him. "I'm sorry for—"

"I can cook my own soup." I snapped. I walked past him and out my room to go to the kitchen. I groaned out loud hearing his heavy footsteps behind me. "I don't need you to take care of me. I'm not five, remember?" I coughed. I was planning to prepare myself some ramen noodles at least but now that I told him and myself I can cook soup for myself and eat it alone, I have to challenge him that I'm right and can do it.

"I'm sorry, okay? It was an asshole of me to yell at you like that." I nodded agreeing with him. "So just eat this with me." He said referring to the bowl of soup he cooked.

"Look, Matthew you're just wasting your time, alright? I don't need you to take care of me anymore. I can handle myself. So just please leave me alone." He sighed but stood still behind me. "Will you please just leave?"

"No." He walked up and stood beside me watching me cook the soup. "Tell me the reason why you won't let me take care of you." I felt like he was going to say something about the past but I sighed in relief when he didn't.

"Because I'm not your priority anymore!" I blurted it out. "Like you said I'm not a fucking baby that needs someone to take care of, right? What you did was fucking terrible yelling at me when you told me to call for you whenever I needed something but you did have a valid point. I'm not a child so I don't need you or anyone to take care of me." My heart was beating so fast.

"I can't leave you alone! I don't trust you being alone when you're sick—" 

"That's not what you were saying when you yelled at me to cook soup by myself!" I raised my voice. "I don't care anymore Matthew and you certainly don't too. So just leave me the fuck alone and go to your girlfriend's or something." Maybe mentioning his girlfriend made me seem a bit jealous but I just don't want to be in the same room as him right now. I need to learn how to take care of myself when I'm sick. I can't always depend on him even though he's usually the only person that would take care of me.

"Fine." He cleared his throat slamming the tray into the counter harshly causing the soup and water to spill all over the tray and counter. He walked away and into his bedroom to change. I sharply inhaled some air to take deep breaths to take my nervousness away but it didn't work. The soup finished cooking within seconds. I poured only a little bit in my bowl then sat on the table by myself. I stared down at my untouched soup feeling slight anxious to take the first bite.