Chapter 1- Familiar Faces

"Men overboard!" A voice hollered. You furrowed your eyebrows as you looked over the side of the ship. You saw three figures in the water, as four men, including Caspian, jumped off the ship to aid them. You watched as they swam towards the bobbing objects, and helped them surface.

Caspian, with his arm wrapped around someone, began making his way back to the vessel. You ran below deck in search of towels and blankets. When you came back, you handed two towels to Caspian, who handed one to the figure next to him.

"That was thrilling." The figure said.

"How in the world did you end up here?" Caspian questioned, wrapping his arm around her and beginning to lead her away.

"I have no idea." The figure responded. You turned to the voice, looking her up and down.

"Lucy?" You asked.

"Y/n?" She replied. You grinned as you embraced her in a hug.

"Lucy!" You exclaimed. "I wasn't sure I'd ever see you again." You confessed. She laughed.

"We weren't sure we'd see you again, either."

"We?" You asked.

"Caspian!" Another voice spoke. Caspian turned around, and began making his way toward the owner of the voice.

"Edmund." He said, clearly happy. He wrapped the towel he had for himself around his friend instead.

"It's so good to see you." Edmund replied.

"It's good to see you, too."

"Didn't you call for us?" Lucy asked.

"No. Not this time." Caspian replied. You walked up to him, and stood behind him, getting up on the tips of your toes to wrap a towel around him as well. You stepped out from behind him so you stood to his right. He looked down at you.

"Thank you, Y/n."

You smiled and nodded, turning your gaze to Edmund, who was already looking at you.

"Well, whatever the case, I'm just glad to be here." Edmund stated. Your brows furrowed again.

"Wait, wasn't there another?" You inquired. A loud yell broke through the silence that followed. You flinched at the volume. Everyone turned, seeing a boy wriggling around on the ground, a mouse atop him.

Caspian held an amused smile on his face.

"Get off me!" The boy shouted, throwing the mouse towards you. Reepicheep collected himself and stood.

"Reepicheep!" Lucy exclaimed. The mouse turned.

"Your majesties." He replied, bowing politely.

"Hello, Reep." Edmund responded. "What a pleasure."

"The pleasure is all mine, sir. But first, what to do about this-this hysterical interloper."

The boy scrambled to his knees, pointing a shaky finger at the mouse. "That giant rat thing just tried to claw my face off!"

"I was merely trying to expel the water from your lungs, sir!" Reep clarified. The boy rose to his feet, and leaned on the edge of the ship, a look of horror on his face.

"It talked! Did you see? Did anyone just hear that? It just talked!" The boy exclaimed.

"He always talks." One of the men on board noted.