Chapter 3- The Escape

It was next morning and you, Lucy, Eustace, and many others were chained by your necks to a wall. Everyone's hands were still bound, however. You watched as two big, nice horses hauled a cart full of women. A man ran up to it, while a child was yelling for her mother. The man grabbed one of the woman's hands for just a second before he got pushed by a guard and slapped, causing him to fall on the ground.

"Don't worry! I'll find you!" The man shouted, as the little girl came and tried to help him up. Lucy placed her head in her hand, while you looked dead ahead, fighting the tears. When you finally managed to hold them in, you looked and saw the women get loaded onto boats, and pushed into the water. Dark clouds rolled in overhead and sounds of thunder could be heard. Shadows rolled in, and a green mist accompanied it. It divided into sections and surrounded the small boat. When the mist cleared, the boat was gone. Your eyes widened in terror as the mist and shadows retreated.

Suddenly, Lucy's neck was released, and she was drug forward.

"I bid 60!"

"I bid 80!"

"100 for the little lady!"

Voices rung out from the crowd.

"120!"

"150!"

It was silent for a moment.

"Any more bids!?"

Groans were heard. The man, taking this as a no, placed a 'sold' sign around Lucy's neck.

"Sold!"

She let out a small yell as she was picked up and placed on the ground. A man walked forward and unchained you, dragging you forward as well. You grunted loudly as you glared the man down, but to no avail.

"What about this fine, young lady?" He asked. "She's pretty feisty, but I'm sure she'll grow out of it."

"90!"

"100!"

"115!"

"130!"

"160!"

More groans were heard.

"Sold!" The man said, putting a sign around your neck as well, and shoving you next to Lucy. You tripped over your own feet, landing on your knees. Lucy bent over and helped you up, a look of fear on her face.

"And now, for this fine specimen, who'll kick off the bidding?" The man asked, dragging Eustace forward. Silence followed. "Come on, now. He might not look like much, but he's strong!" The man lied.

"He's strong all right. Smells like the rear-end of a minotaur." One of the bidders announced. Laughter broke through the crowd. You would have laughed too, had you not been so terrified.

"That is an outrageous lie!" Eustace defended. "I won the school hygiene award, two years running!"

More laughter.

"Come on! Someone make a bid!" The man yelled.

"I'll take him off your hands! I'll take them all off your hands!" A voice yelled. A man wearing a blue cloak stepped forward, and pulled down his hood, revealing it to be Reepicheep speaking atop Drinian's shoulder. You gasped in relief.

"For Narnia!" Several men yelled as they, too, took off their cloaks, revealing the crew. Everyone started fighting as Reepicheep made his way over to you and Lucy. He undid the shackles with his small sword.