Chapter 2

After a long distance of walking and trekking, I decided to stop and rest for awhile in a nearby abandoned outpost that used to serve as a checkpoint for our scouts when scouting. Surprisingly, the outpost is still sturdy and doesn't show any kinds of ageing despite being abandoned for god knows how long.

Upon entering, I noticed an untouched and still useable leather suit that our scouts used to wear when they go out scouting the area. I wore them and it is surprisingly fit without any holes or threads coming out in between. As I was scouring around, looking for more useful supplies, I suddenly felt something hard was pressing behind my back. Turns out the abandoned outpost isn't as abandoned as I thought. As backed away I immediately feel a barrel of a gun towards the back of my head. A slow grunt was heard. I turned around slowly without making any sudden moves and tried to get a glimpse of the person who's holding me at gun point , but it seems like his or her face is covered by a thin layer of cloth around his or her face.

I asked, "what do you want? I've got nothing of value you can get a hold off."

The person pointed at my bag with its gun, signaling me to open up the bag and reveal the content. I followed through and revealed the content, as the person slowly uncovers its face.

Upon fully revealing his face, tears starts welling from his eyes as he suddenly came running and hugged me. He whispered to me in the ears, "I thought you were dead, we all thought you were dead." I became curious upon hearing those words. He then revealed that he is actually Tom, but more older and decrepit. I was shocked upon seeing him turned older than when I last met him. Apparently I've out for more than 20 years. I've been in a comatose state for that long periods of time.

He explained what happened after the incident. Turns out, they came running back to the settlement to tell others that the Hunters were here, but upon arriving near the entrance, they heard screaming and gunshots with The Sun's advanced drones and helicopters flying about.

They tread lightly and carefully into the settlement, only to see their family members to be executed alive by the hunters for no sense or reason.

Sarah tried to scream, only to get her mouth shut by Tom. They crept around the settlement to see more on what's going on when suddenly, they got ambushed by the Hunters laying in wait incase of stragglers tried to escape. As they were detained, Tom said they overheard that there's an infernal living within our camp and the Hunters are looking for it.

They started to executing everyone they detained in hopes of luring the Infernal out to defend itself from getting executed. The moment the gun barrel reached Tom's head, a sudden and huge explosion appeared out of nowhere, surprising and alerting the Hunters. They immediately ran towards the location of the said explosion and leave others behind. One of the Hunters came running back and shouted that it came from an Infernal. Tom said he decided to start running and not get involved in the fight to save himself. As he reached the exit, he looked behind and sees a massive explosions all over the place and seeing the usually ruthless, emotionless and psychotic hunters suddenly running in an incredible fear when suddenly, one of them screaming, "IT'S THE FUCKING DEMOLITIONIST!! WE'LL DIE!!!! RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LIFE!!" Upon hearing that, Tom ran as fast as his legs could go, hoping that he wouldn't ended up as the same fate as those Hunters have.

He did look back while still running for his live, and saw an incredibly destructive force, a single person eliminating every hunter single dispatched to take him out and shot down the drones and helicopters like they were nothing but flies to a bug spray.