Chapter 2

"So basically, what your telling me is that there is a evil virus, XANA that is trying to destroy the world?" I mumble out to Yumi as we walk together to get breakfast. "Yup. Although it was kinda weird. Usually, XANA goes after this one girl in our group, Aelita. But it seems he needs you for something."

When we walk in, we head in line and get our food. "Come sit with us." she smiles and leads me towards their table. I felt my heart speed up when i felt them all look at me. "Its you from last night!" The guy from last night exclaimed while jumping. I quickly jump behind Yumi while she scolds him.

"Hey cut it out Odd. You have to take it easy with her." She turns and looks at me. "You can sit in between me and Aelita if you want?" I nod and place my tray down. As i took my seat, a girl with long black hair wearing a pink crop top and a skirt with leggings underneath.Behind her are 2 guys.

"Well well well, look what we got here. The whole gang's here." She laughs and faces my direction. "And what's this? Another freak to add to your gang?" She smirked at me.

"What a bunch of losers. Come on boys." As she walked off with her friends, i felt my eyes start to well up.

'Do i really look like a freak?' I felt a hand snake its way around my shoulder. "Don't worry about Sissi. She probably doesn't know what shes saying with all that air in her brain." I send a small smile at Yumi.

"Well now that Sissis out of the way, we have to talk about why XANA wanted to take Hina." The one with the glasses, Jeremy said. The table instantly became quiet.

"Well let's start off easy. Does your parents know anyone of the name Franz Hopper?" The pink haired girl, Aelita i think, asked me. "I don't think so." I quietly tell them. "Well were you born here?" Yumi laughed. "She is from Japan, just like me, huh?" I smile.

"Well i can't think of any other reasons why XANA wanted you..." Jeremy trails off. "We can figure this out later, Jeremy. Breakfast is almost over and we have to get to class."

"Yotei wa donano?"(What's your schedule?) Yumi asked as we all walked out of the cafeteria.

"Koko ni." (Here) I hand it to her.

"Ah, chodo kimyo ni shitagu kare wa onaji kurasuo motte iru." (Ah, just follow odd he has the same classes)

"Ok." I smile at her but it quickly vanishes when her friends start looking at us.

"You can speak japanese?" they looked shocked at Yumi. She laughed it off. "I've been practicing it for a while so when i go to Japan it won't be so awkward." she looked at me "Hina agreed to help me out, which reminds me, You guys Kira has all the same classes as you so could you please show her around?"

"No problem." Aelita smiled as she hooked her arm into mine. "Come on, I'll take you to our first class."

--------------

Odd's POV

-------------

"Well she seems weirded out by us." Ulrich said as he watched Aelita drag Kira off. "No Ulrich it seems she's weirded out by all guys." Jeremy said before pushing his glasses up. "If you havent noticed, she wouldn't let a single one of us touch her but she was all up on Yumi."

I let out a nervous chuckle. "Maybe she's a lesbian?" Jeremy gave me that 'really?' look and i stopped. "I just don't understand what he did to make her uncomfortable."

"Not so fast einstein. She was like this yesterday in the halls too. She accidently ran into the wall and when i went to help her, she wouldn't let me touch her."