Chapter 2

I come home again empty-handed. No doubt that I'll be scolded by Johna later. But I can't think about that now I need to find some way to feed us.

"Aisha you can't keep coming home empty-handed. We need you to actually hunt." Johna bitterly yells after some time of silence at what I prepared for dinner."I'm trying the best I can, we all are!"

"You may be able to fool my mother but not me, I know, what you do in the forest."

"If how I hunt isn't approved by you then maybe we should trade places. I'll work and you hunt!"

After the argument between Johna and I went on for such a long time. From behind a curtain came a faint crying noise. It was Lea, still to this day I don't know if she was sad that me Johna can't agree on anything or if it was how her family was falling apart. I didn't actually hear the crying until Johna mentioned it. "Mom, what's wrong, is it your head or your arm?"

"Johnathon listen to me. My time is being taken faster than I would hope. I've watched you and Lilly grow up along with the others. It makes me sad that I couldn't be here for a longer time."Once I realized what was happening I told the younger children to go play. The time of the only mother that any of us had was coming to an end. Once again we were becoming orphans. As that thought lingered my eyes started to become overcome by tears I couldn't bear it anymore. I needed air.

Lea pulled Johnathon closer, "Johna don't let this family fall apart. Be strong for them. My little ones. Be strong for them when they can't do it themselves. And promise me that you won't yell at Aisha anymore. She is more special than any of us can comprehend. I love you son, goodbye." Johna bursts into tears and screamed in such agony that even little Em knew what just happened. I never thought that it would happen so quickly. I never thought I could feel even more alone than I do right now.