Chapter 3

Months went by. Johna kept his promise to Lea best he could. But he can't control his fluctuating hormones. Men say we girls have problems with emotions. I would say our emotions are correct in many cases.

Any way Johna worked for a few more weeks to gain some extra emergency money. After that, he started hunting with me again. We started talking deeper than we ever had. He opened up about what was going on in his mind. Strangely he and I had more in common than we thought. After all these years we've known each other we now knew us. After all the things that we have gone through everything seemed to be as perfect as it could be.

"Hey, Johna what do you think we're going to get today?"

"You know Aisha it doesn't matter we've been so lucky recently. Though I guess for the sake of being the only ones that the others can take after now we should come home with full hands."

"Yeah, I guess. Honestly, I don't know how I can be a good role model for the little ones though. I've never had the same kind of respect that you've gotten from them."

"I wouldn't say Koan and Kem respect me. Neither do Ashton and Lilly, you don't either for that matter. Em is about the only one."

"Lilly really looks up to you too you know you are her only real family she's got left. The rest of us rely on you to keep us afloat. Without you letting us stay here we would be scrounging for food right about now."

"What do you mean letting you stay?" Johna said with somewhat surprise and dismay.

"Well, what I mean is that now you are the owner of this land. You decide who stays on it. To be technical since you're great great great grandfather was here before the royal family not even they can say what happens here. So if we became a bother you could throw us out whenever." Johna frowned. I started to think I might have said something wrong.

"Look, Aisha," Johna started "why would you guys be a bother. That's what families are for to bother each other. I would never leave you five to fend for yourselves like your families before. My parents brought you guys in for a reason. If I threw you out what would they think of me? If I threw you out I would never stop worrying. I love you"

I started to blush profusely. I covered my face as to not let Johna see. He noticed alright. He quickly became confuzzled realizing that he just said "I love you" out loud."I mean I love all of you as my brothers and sisters. Yes, that what I meant."

After that, we agreed never to speak of that conversation again. We felt it was for the best of everyone. Then once more all was as it should be.

More weeks past, Johna and I decided to take everyone out to town as a special treat since it was Emmet's birthday. Just our luck there was a festival going on the same day. We enjoyed spending quality time as our outcast family could. Not knowing the battle that would be soon ensued. It would be all my fault.