The Gift * Part II

He pulls away just an inch, eyes still closed and whispers onto your lips, "Put it on."

"Harry!" you slap his chest. "Its 11 AM! On Christmas Eve. AND... 30 people are going to walk through that door in a few hours for this dinner party! I am in a panic."

He lets go of your face, bows his head and exhales, pouting dramatically. "You're going to make me wait until tonight, aren't you, you wicked, wicked woman." He groans as he rocks you from side to side with his arms around your waist and throws his head back.

"Yes, and I have a list of jobs for you a mile long that should keep your mind occupied until then."

"Just give me a hint.... please? Does it have lace? A thong?" he grins.

"No, Harry. We have work to do."

"Leather and chains?" he jokes and you blush red.

"Baby, pleeease," he whines. "I'll tell you about mine," he bargains. His shiny brown curls are messy and roaming freely around his face. His eyes are now serious. They are dark with want and just a hint of the devil, boring into yours, and his perfect pink lips look delicious as he speaks. You know if you hold his stare too much longer you'll have no choice but to give in to him.

"Fine. Tell me about yours."

"It's black," he says huskily. Your stomach flips and you swallow hard. "Your turn."

"... it's white," you whisper. His eyes widen and he swallows harder.

Just then the doorbell rings and your party help whisks their way in through the door. You and Harry stare at each other for three beats without breathing before the chatter and commotion breaks your spell.

Harry rubs his groin for what feels like the hundredth time in the last 24 hours.

***

The party is in full swing. You say a silent prayer of thanks to the universe as you step though the wide French doors and onto the slate patio. You are beyond blessed. Married to the love of your life, supported by family and friends and living in the most gorgeous city on the planet. It is mild tonight and the city lights blink and wink at you beyond the patio's railing. You can smell the ocean on the light breeze that comes from the other side of the house. Your guests wander out here to have the bartender mix them up something festive. Another tall Christmas tree glitters behind the bar and white lights crisscross overhead. You've always loved to entertain, but must admit it's easier now with wait staff to serve and a clean-up crew to help at the end of the night.

It warms your heart to see your family and friends talking and laughing. Knowing that things are now under control, you relax. You grab a passing flute of champagne and settle in but your eyes wander, looking for him. You bought a new outfit and want to see his reaction. An off-the-shoulder white top, a Christmas plaid pleated skirt and black patent heels. Top a little tighter, skirt a little shorter and heels a little higher than you usually wear. Merry Christmas.

You spot him, but stop just to observe. He looks hot tonight, in his favorite black skinny jeans and your favorite blue satin shirt and black jacket. His shirt is open to his butterfly tattoo and his soft curls brush his shoulders. Watching Harry interact with people always amazes you. He radiates sunshine. He laughs easily and listens intently. Asks earnest questions and gives honest eye contact. Makes everyone feel at ease and important. He melts your heart and sets your insides aflame.

You both are feeling tipsy as you visit with your company. You are feeling silly and start to flirt. As you catch up with your cousin, he stands behind her and wiggles his eyebrows at you. You casually lift your hair off your neck and shoot him some side eye. He counters with raised eyebrows and a fish face, making you both giggle. He has found a Santa hat somewhere, and his curls taunt you from below the white fur.