Chapter 2

"They've found us!! RUN!" Ed

shrieked, while I clawed away from my sweet dream.

He roughly grabbed me by the hand and jerked me up. Then, the chase began. We scurried across the plain, hurtling shrubs. I heard pounding footsteps behind me. Heavy breathing filled my ears. Ed and my sweaty hands were glued together, not wanting to get lost.

My foot got caught on a scraggly shrub, and I tumbled down. Ed screamed. Footsteps grew closer. Rough hands hoisted me up on bony shoulder. Then I lose consciousness.

"Ahh, the little princess awakes," a scratchy voice announces. "You were sleeping for 1 month! Oh, you must have been soo tired!"

I faintly make out the shape of a man in a royal purple suit sitting in a throne across the room. His hair looks like he spent hours perfecting every brown strand. His blue eyes are trained on me, watching my every move.

Clearing my throat I declared, "Where's Ed? If you even touched him I swear I..."

"Oh honey," he cut in. "That disgusting excuse for a human is in a cell," he paused. "Since I'm feeling nice today, I'll let you and see your... Ed," The man smiled mischievously.

I couldn't believe my luck! I was going to see Ed!

Two guards marched through the door and grabbed my arms harshly. We ran through the maze called a prison. A steel door stood in front of us. The guard on my left opened the door and shoved me inside, making me collapse on the ground.

A pair of calloused hands gently pulled me up and muscular arms wrapped around me. Immediately I looked into the green eyes with dirty blond hair skimming his eye brows.

"Sam?!" I shrieked! Pulling away I gazed at his muscular arms and legs.

Chuckling he commented, "Well while you were sleeping I was planning on how to get us out."

I pulled him close and put my mouth by his ear, "I bet their listening so we will have to continue that conversation later."

I felt his smile as I pulled away, "How long was I out for anyway?"

"Every time you surfaced even a little, they would give you a shot that made you go back under," he scowled.

The prison door opened and a guard bombarded us booming, "THAT WILL BE ENOUGH. SHE COMES WITH ME NOW!" As he yanked me out the door.