Chapter Fourteen

Jai and Peyton hurry downstairs. The plan is that Jai distracts Shawn so Peyton can tell Sam that me and him need to talk. I'm pacing in the room. I'm not sure how Sam will react. Will he be understanding, angry? I don't know. But what I do know is that this is the right thing to do.

           "You called for me?" Sam grins, sauntering in my room. His grin slips off of his face when he notices my expression. He shuts the door. "You okay?"

           "Sam, you've been a great friend to me. You've agreed to go through with this crazy plan and you've committed to it. Not only have you done that, but you've been a true friend to me. And the one thing I don't regret about doing this is the friendship I've gotten out of it."

            "And what do you do regret," Sam says slowly. 

            "Lying to everyone. Getting you into this mess," I tell him honestly. "And fighting any feelings I got for someone else."

            "What are you saying?"

            "I think we need to end this fake relationship," I said. "I can't do this anymore. I can't keep lying to people."

            "Ariana-" Sam begins, but I cut him off.

            "We're holding each other back, Sam! I have feelings for someone, true feelings. And for months, you've been holding back on growing feelings for anyone who actually suits you," I burst. "It's our senior year. We can't just ruin it with this fake relationship." 

            "Okay," Sam said. His face is completely unreadable, but his dark green eyes stare deep into mine. I look away. "Um, I think I'm just going to skip this pool party. I think I'm gonna go back to my room. To think."

            "Okay," I said. It was understandable. I just pushed a lot onto him. I reach to hug him but he turns away from me. I ignore the hurt. I watch silently as Sam hurries down the stairs and out of the house.

           Something tells me that Sam and I will never be the same again.

           I take a deep breath and go join my friends at the pool. Peyton and Jai look at me in worry. I nod to let them know I did it. I didn't back out. I did what's right. I turn my head to see Shawn smiling at me. I smile back at him. There's no more denying the feelings I already feel for him. 

           Shawn's smile grows as I get up and sit beside him. 

           "Hey," I smile.

           "Hey," He smiles.

           *five hours later*

            "No way!" I laugh. Shawn's telling me about his alter ego, Benito. Apparently Benito is his super confident side and he whips Benito out for photo shoots. 

            "Yes way!" Shawn chuckles.

            "Show me a Benito smolder," I said with amusement. Shawn turns his head over and gives me a dramatic look. I laugh again. "Dramatic!"

            "I know right," Shawn grins. 

            I look away from him. His grin always makes my cheeks turns pink. I don't want him to see that. Neither Shawn or I say anything. We just fall into silence. I don't look up for a long time. I only look up when Shawn nudges my shoulder.

            "Ariana, I-"

            "Sam and I broke up!" I blurt. When Shawn's jaw drops, I shrug. "We aren't together anymore." 

            "Then, would it be okay, if um, I kissed you? Because I really do feel a connection between us and I think you might feel it too," Shawn bursts. His cheeks redden. "But I understand if you don't think so. Or if it's too soon. Forget that I said anything."

            "Shawn?" 

            He looks at me hesitantly. "Yes?"

            Forgetting everything, I lean over and press my lips against his. Shawn kisses me back, and scoots closer, placing his hands on my waist. I put my arms around his neck, completely melting.

            And I stop thinking.

<><><><><><><><><>

steamy chapter am i right? hope you all loved it.

xoxo,

      mikailaxryan