Chapter Eight- part one

Knock. Knock. Knock. 

       I lifted my head from my pillow groggily. It was a whole week off at LASPA. It was Family Week and the students and staff were allowed to go home and visit their families. My personal family didn't know that this week was Family Week and had planned a trip to Australia to visit our extended family beforehand. When I told them two days ago it was Family Week, they had panicked. It was too late to get me a ticket to Australia too. I told them it was fine and that I could request to stay at LASPA.

        Honestly? I wanted to stay at LASPA and just sleep. Don't get me wrong- I love my family! It's just with my younger twin brothers, Jake and Jacob, I don't get much sleep when I am home. It's been a wild two months for me and I just needed a break for some me time. By me time, I meant sleeping for hours on end. 

        Because of my good behavior (shocker) and grades (bigger shocker), the LASPA board allowed me to stay in the Zeta house with no supervisor. I was to stay in the house and only leave for necessities. Necessities like I'm dying and I need to go to the hospital. Or all the food goes bad in the fridge and I need to go to the grocery store. Or there's a huge last minute sale at Hollister. Same difference, right?

         Basically, I'm the only person on campus. So imagine my surprise when I wake up from my nap to knocking on the door.

          A little bit scared, I tip toe to the door. "Who is it?" I call out. 

         "Sam." 

         "Sam, who?" I asked tentatively. 

         "Your boyfriend Sam!" The voice called out in an annoyed tone.

         I cracked the door open the tiniest bit just so I could really see who was on the other side of the door. True to his words, at my door stood Sam Wilkinson. Sam wore a pair of black joggers and a plain white v-neck and classic black Vans. His strong arms were crossed and his jaw was set in an annoyed clench. He was pissed off.

          "Now that you've unnecessarily ID'ed me, can I come in? I've been knocking for ten minutes, Ariana!" Sam rolled his eyes. 

          I hesitated to open the door to my room wider for Sam to come in. I was self conscious in my tight white tank top and gray sweatpants. I touched my messy bun. It was probably even more messy than before from my nap. 

          "What are you doing here?" I asked him. My eyes grew wide as Sam lugged in a big black duffel bag behind him. He threw it on my bed. Sam soon followed the duffel and sat down onto my bed.

          "I'm staying here for the week," Sam told me in a duh tone. He was still obviously annoyed that it took me so long to open the door. It was starting to annoy me. 

          "Real descriptive, Sam. A stellar job, honestly," I rolled my eyes. 

          Sam sighed real loud. "I'm sorry. I'm just pissed at my parents for forgetting it was Family Week and going off to Paris for a spontaneous trip." 

          I shoved the duffel bag off my bed so I could sit beside Sam. "I know how you feel. My family is in Australia without me because they forgot it was Family Week. It was too late to get me a ticket too so I told them to go without me." A lot of people don't know this about me, but I'm an Aussie. I've been told I still have a little bit of the accent Aussie's carry. And I carry it proudly. 

          "LASPA let you stay too?" As I nodded, Sam continued. "Me too. I'm supposed to be in my house, but as soon as I found out you were staying too I ditched that place. Sorry that I'm here without invitation, by the way. I just didn't want to be alone on Family Week."

          "No, it's fine," I told him. To be honest, it felt nice to know that I wasn't the only one without my family on Family Week. Besides, Sam's company was nice. 

          "Should I sleep in Peyton's bed?" Sam asked. 

          I shook my head quickly. "No way! She's loco about her bed. Once, I sat on her bed and she freaked. My bed is pretty big. We'll just have to share it." I didn't like it, but I'd rather sleep on a super small side of my bed with Sam than face Peyton's wrath.

          "Are you sure? Peyton couldn't get that mad." One look at him and Sam shook his head. "You know what? Never mind. You take one half, I'll take the other." 

          I laid on my bed and watched as Sam unpacked his stuff. Aka, he took some of his clothes out from his duffel and set them on top of my dresser. When he was done we looked at each other like, what the hell do we do now? 

            I patted the spot on my bed beside me. "Come sit, Sam. We can watch Netflix."

            Sam Wilkinson smirked at me. "Are you asking me to Netflix and chill with you, Ariana?" 

            Rolling my eyes at him, I grabbed my laptop. "We're watching Gossip Girl if you don't come and sit in five seconds." That had Sam scrambling to kick his shoes off and jump into bed beside me. 

             I let Sam chose the movie to watch. Being the boy he was, he chose a scary movie- the Conjuring. I wasn't too excited but I didn't complain. Sam teasingly promised to hold me if I got scared. To which I swatted his shoulder. 

             The first time I jumped during the movie, Sam laughed at me. The second time, which closely followed the first, he laughed and scooted closer to me. The third, which was five minutes after the second, he put his arm around my shoulders. The fourth, a mere two minutes after the third, I scooted against Sam. I put my head against his chest. We stayed in that position all the way to when I fell asleep during the movie. 

           It started to feel different between us in that moment. I guess I didn't realize it until I was too late.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

hey loves! i'm back!

omg a double update? at 10:23 pm? wow, am i on a roll from my break or what? 

if you didn't guess it from the chapter title; chapters 8-15 will be over a continuous plot line. so the chapters will basically the entire week sam and ariana spend together during Family Week. many, many, MANY #sariana moments. i promise that.

i hope you liked the chapter and this sweet #sariana moment loves.

xoxo,

   mikailaxryan