Chapter Fifteen

It's been a while since I 'broke up' with Sam. About two months really. 

I miss him. I miss our friendship. Sam and I had surprisingly gotten really close during the four months we pretended to be a couple. But, oddly, we haven't spoken again. Sam went on being the popular boy he is, ruling the school with his best friend Cameron. He'd dated two other girls since us. 

I frowned at that. I really had hoped to continue being friends with him. It feels odd without him. I'm so used to him by my side that it feels different. I got so used to Sam. Now that he's gone, I'm not sure what to think. 

In all honesty, I missed him.

"Hey, you okay?" 

I looked over and smiled immediately. Shawn smiled back at me, but I could see the concern in his eyes. I reached over and interlaced our fingers. The concern faded slightly, but it was still there.

"Shawn, I'm fine. Trust me," I told him. 

"Okay, I believe you," He nodded. I leaned over and pressed a kiss to his lips. 

Shawn and I have been dating for a little over a month. I didn't want to dive into a new relationship after Sam and I's 'break up'. I knew it wasn't even a real relationship, but it wasn't right. 

Sam, on the other hand, didn't have the same mind set as me. He started dating this girl named Lycia two days after we made our break up public. They lasted two weeks before he dumped her at lunch. Then he started dating Olivia, dumped her after three weeks. Now he's flirting up a storm with Sabrina. 

He was back to the Sam I didn't like before I knew him. The Sam who knew he was crazy attractive and used them to his advantage. He had meaningless relationships only to break the girls heart soon after. Lycia told me that Olivia and her had joined a club.

The Suckers Sam Wilkinson Dumped Club. 

It's not exclusive. That just makes it ten times worse.

Apparently, I'm lucky. Word got around that I broke up with Sam, not Sam breaking up with me. I got to join a different club. An exclusive club. The Those Who Broke Sam Wilkinson's Heart Club. Though technically, I didn't break his heart. 

How can I break his heart if there were no feelings involved in the first place?

But of course, no one knew that. Only five people did- me, Sam, Peyton, Jai, and Shawn.

I peered at the handsome boy beside me out of the corner of my eye. He had taken the secret with ease. Of course he didn't like it. He thought the plan was stupid. I agreed with that, but he didn't care. He said it was in the past. 

God, he was so great. 

Every girl deserves a Shawn in their life. Shawn is kind, sweet, and understanding. He treats me so nicely. He takes me on dates! Not those cliche high school dates to the movies. But out to dinner and everything! 

I just wish Sam treated his girls like that. Lycia said he never took her out. Olivia said he took her to diner once, after a football game, but completely ignored her. He was too busy doing stupid things with his football buddies. He chose spit balling over his girlfriend. 

Who does that? 

Sabrina was his flame at the moment. She was beautiful and sweet from what I thought. She deserved for Sam to treat her right. I didn't want another one of Sam's girlfriends being treated like this. They deserved to, well, be treated like how he treated me.

I was going to need to have a talk with Sam Wilkinson.