Episode Two: Invisible Girl

"Are you sure it's not too much?" Uraraka asked for the umpteenth time, biting her glossy lower lip. "It doesn't scream 'stalker'? Or 'creepy'? It's not weird at all?"

Asui scoffed from Izuku's right, taking the green haired boy's shoulder and giving it a shake. "Trust me, Ochaco-chan. If anyone's a creepy stalker here, it's Midoriya."

"Hey!" Izuku playfully tugged away, heat rushing into his cheeks as he flashed her an embarrassed smile. She was probably-- definitely-- referring to his interest in Japan's most revered wrestler. One could say when Izuku got invested in something he got really... really invested. "I just...! I admire Endeavor's work, is all!" Izuku quickly changed the subject, turning back to where his friend was nervously twirling in front of the mirror. "I think it's a really sweet sentiment. Rabbit would be touched."

Every year, Yuuei Private Academy held a small festival (more of a glorified party) for all the students attending. This was Izuku's class's first year to participate, making them all extremely giddy for what was in store for them, come nighttime. The most exciting of the activities, for the girls, at least, was the runway contest. Students were invited the show off handmade clothes, and there were several prizes you could win for it; most creative, most festive, the classiest, the funniest-looking. Uraraka had made a dress with Yaoyarozu's help; knee-length, green, shoulderless and trimmed with white. She paired it with big red shoes and elbow-length gloves, and lastly, two bunny ears and a mask. She was going for the cosplay approach, and Rabbit was her inspiration.

Izuku wasn't technically lying. He really was  touched. 

"I still think a choker would complete the look." Asui threw in, tapping her lip with her finger.  "Rabbit's signature choker. You know, like the neat costume ones you find at souvenir shops."

"Yeah, but they look so cheap." This was Yaoyorozu. She was the one with the artist's eye, who had pitched in significantly in making the dress look almost professional. She tightened her lips, looking Uraraka over again. She suddenly jerked toward Izuku, and he jumped. "Midoriya, what about yours?"

Izuku blanched. "My-My what now?"

"Could you perhaps lend Ochaco-chan your choker? It looks almost like the real thing." Asui commented. She reached up for the latch behind his neck. Izuku quickly ducked away.

"Oh- um..." He stammered. Within his pocket, he felt Ichi seize up like a deer in the headlights. No no no no no that wouldn't do. Without his choker, he couldn't transform; he needed to wear this at all times. Not to mention Ichi couldn't be far away from his jewel. If he gave his choker to Uraraka he'd essentially be giving up his powers and even temporarily that sounded like a horrible idea and even worse Uraraka would find out about Ichi and that was a confrontation he could definitely go without-- "I... can't. Get. It... off?" 

Asui stared at him.

"Because! You know. The, uh, the latch, is..." Izuku felt cold sweat forming on the back of his neck as he searched for words. "...broken?"

Asui quirked an eyebrow. The girl had these really big, froggy eyes that stared into your soul and sucked out all your confidence. It was rather hard to meet her eyes or hold her gaze; especially when you were as anxious as Izuku. Finally, she smirked. "You know you're really bad at lying."

"...Thanks."

"You're welcome. Just say no next time. It's not a big deal."

"But while we're on the topic of it, Midoriya, where did you get it anyway?" Yaoyorozu jumped in, examining his neckpiece. "It really does look legit."