Episode Three: Anima

Ichi was always very calm and quiet, very understanding and cooperative even at the worst of times. With Izuku, he was rational and patient; a rock for whenever the boy got too overwhelmed with his hero life and civilian life alike, assisting with that difficult math homework and then turning right back around to baby step Izuku through saving the city of Tokyo. He was truly a blessing, and honestly, Izuku didn't feel like he expressed his appreciation for that as much as he should. 

Hence why, today, he decided to give back to his kwami.

"What do you like to do for fun?"

The little green rabbit had been cleaning his ears on Izuku's shoulder when the latter spoke up, scrolling through news articles on his laptop, reclined on his bed. Today was a Tuesday, and a lazy one at that; his mother had insisted he stay home a couple of days after the Invisible Girl incident, to recuperate after the 'traumatizing' experience left him with 'torn flesh' on his arm and leg. If Izuku was being honest, the injuries weren't even that bad. Lone's fix-up had left him barely able to feel any of it, even if it stung from time to time. So these past few days had been less recovery and more of a lazy vacation that he didn't need.

Ichi stopped grooming for a few seconds to look up at the ceiling, thinking. It was adorable, as he paused mid-clean, his little tongue still poking out. He shrugged.

"Well, I like spending time with you, Izu-chan." He finally replied, simply.

Izuku snorted softly. "But you're always with me."

"Which makes it all the better!" Ichi gave him a big grin, then returned to his grooming. Izuku's smirk fell flat.

"Come on." He pressed. "You've been through plenty of Rabbits over thousands of years, haven't you? Among all that time, you've got to have developed hobbies outside your masters, right?"

Ichi sighed, turning to look at Izuku properly with those big green eyes.

"Hobbies, interests-- none of that is important to me, Izu-chan." He explained. "A good kwami isn't concerned about any of that. The most important thing for me is that you become the best Rabbit you can be. And you're such a good person, Izu-chan. I can't think of any better person to devote my services to."

Sweat formed on the back of Izuku's neck. Great... That just made him feel worse. 

A couple of small minutes passed, with Ichi returning to his grooming and Izuku staring blankly at the computer screen, eyes glazing over the news article about pro-wrestler Endeavor's latest win. Suddenly, everything Izuku enjoyed for himself felt incredibly bleak-- because no. There had to be something, anything, he could do that would make his kwami genuinely happy.

"Is there anything, like, specific, that you like to do with me then?"

Ichi's laugh came out a purr. "I like anything you like!"

Come on. This was not helping. Izuku's other friends wouldn't like getting dragged to the library for hours on end, or reading American comic books or watching him play video games or helping him do homework or watching hours of wrestling competitions on TV. 

Speaking of friends. Ichi... had no other friends, did he? That must be so lonely... especially since Izuku thought himself to be a pretty boring person when not in costume. Ichi deserved more than just him.

Maybe... if Izuku could stifle his urge to hiss at sunlight for one afternoon... he could put a few activities to the test. Ichi was a million year old magical animal but he was still an animal, right?

"What do you think about other animals?"

"Hm?"

"Like, kittens, puppies, other rabbits. The little baby ones. What are your opinions on them?"