1

So uh I'm Josie and this will most likely be cringe because I only know how to write poetry and songs uwu
//
~my heart is gold and my hands are cold~

"I'm not cut out for this, Mallory."

"Ashlyn don't say that," The brown haired girl responded. "Magic is a skill that can take years to master."

"No. Like, I can do the spells and preform them. I pick them up fairly easily. I just don't feel that it's me, you know? Like, it's not who I'm meant to be."

The girl walked over and sat down next to me on the back porch. "Hm, I see. It's more like, you don't want to be a witch. You're worried about all the responsibilities that come with it."

"Not very much that. I'm scared I'll somehow mess up and," I paused, "I don't know. Hurt someone or the coven."

"As long as you have control over your powers, that won't happen Ash." Zoe spoke, walking through the opened glass door. "Why don't you practice your plant growing thingy that Mallory taught you?"

I bent down into the grass and held my palms over it, closing my eyes and focusing all on that task. Up grew a single white colored tulip, in which Mallory chimed in, "Do you think you're able to turn that flower into something else?"

"I don't know. Flowers are my main specialty." I laughed.

"Try!"

I looked back down and placed my hands once again over the plant. After I released my hands from being cupped over the petals, out flew a single, cream colored butterfly.

"Oh frick. I'm a butterfly mom now."

"Can I be the vodka aunt? Heard they're pretty fun at parties." Zoe spoke, jokingly. "Which one are you, Mal? Wine mom, beer dad, or vodka aunt?"

"I'm the orange juice grandma."

I chuckled. "Same."

We all sat next to each other on the wooden platform and talked about any thought that popped into our heads.

"Who do you all think will be the next supreme after Cordelia?" Mallory asked.

"I'm hoping it's you because, one, you're so amazing. Like, how? And two, I don't want it to be me because that means I'd have to look over the coven. I can barely look after myself." The group laughed with me at that statement.

"I agree with Ashlyn. I really believe it'll be you Mallory. But watch it be Madison or someone."

"Oh God. Then we'd be screwed." The brown and blond haired girl laughed. "Do you all want to go down to the shops and look around? Find some Christmas sales?"

"Can I take a rain check? I'd rather stay here and practice."

"I guess, you rat." Zoe responded sarcastically. "While you're here, grow me a pet kitten would ya?"

"I'll try." I laughed. "I'll see y'all in a bit"

They smiled and walked back inside to get their things then leave. I love them so much. They were the first people to talk to me or really teach me anything about magic when I got here about five months ago.

I never really had friends. I went to public school till about the ninth grade, then I got taken out because of the kids calling me the "weird kid who grows plants out of her hands". I mean, they're not wrong. Then I was homeschooled till my senior year, which would be this year, and then I came here to the coven.

I placed my hands over a small square of grace and grew a bushel of roses. Their bright red petals complemented the backyard gratefully, mainly because the whole estate was bright white. I picked one of their stems and rested it in between my hands, focusing all my energy and transformed it into a dove that chirped perkily before flying away.

"You really do have potential, Ashlyn. It's a shame you don't try to embrace it. You're truly a wonder."

"Thank you, Cordelia."

"Why don't you come back inside and join the rest here for diner?"

"I'd love to."