3

~who is in control?~

"No no no wait. Don't be scared." He grasped my arm. "I have them too."

Confused, I stared at him.

"Here," He gestured me to follow him, which I reluctantly did. He led me to this graveyard and into a clearing of grass.

He pulled out a miniature candle from his jacket pocket and sat it on the dirt.

"You just carry that around with you wherever you go?" I was crying now, morally because of how anxious I was that he know knew of my powers, plus of what he is attempting to do. All because I had to help a cat. One stupid little cat.

"For such of occasions as this." The man smirked, pushing his dusty blond hair out of his face.

With a swift swerve of his hand, the candle lit up, as if with a match. I sat in awe. "You're a warlock?"

"No. I don't know what I am. All I know is I can do this." He put his hand above the flame and put it out. "No need to be anxious, my dear. I'm just like you. At least you didn't do it in front of some person without powers."

"That is true."

He put is hand under my head. "Chin up, Ash. Let's get you home."

I smiled and took his hand, helping me up. "I'm sorry for being so nervous." I laughed.

"Nah, it's alright. I understand."

"My house is just right here." I gestured to the coven.

"Okay. It was nice meeting you. Perhaps we meet again sometime?"

I grinned. "I'd like that."

"Well, uh goodnight."

"Goodnight." And with that, I walked up to the doors and quietly opened them.

"Look who finally arrived."

"Zoe? I though you were back at that venue." I whispered.

"No. Just used that as an excuse. I've been here the whole time after that."

I nodded. "So, how was it?" She said excitedly. "Did I help you get the man of your dreams?"

"Well do I have a story for you. Hold on to your hat, buckeroo. Here, come up to our room and I'll tell ya."

She sat down next to me and waited anxiously for me to talk. "I kind of broke your rule."

"Oh God. What did you do and how bad is it."

"Well, Michael and I were walking and I saw a dead cat."

"Understandable."

"I used my powers to heal it and bring it back to life."

"Well, how did he react?"

"I panicked and I excused myself to leave, which he said "no, stay." and that he had powers too."

"Oh?"

"He lit and put out a candle with his mind. We went to this really dark and creepy graveyard where he showed me. And I kind of think concilium."

"Did he seem to make you do something you normally wouldn't do?"

"Normally if a guy would grab my arm to make me stay, I would consider that assault and be angry about it. But instead I blindly followed him."

"You might just be in love." She spoke, raising an eyebrow.

"I doubt."

"What else did he do?"

"Before he dropped me off here, he was like "don't be worried" because I was crying about what he would do and how we would react to my powers and such. I was sitting on my knees and he was standing, but he knelt down and put his hand under my chin and was like "chin up" and, I'm still screaming."

"Go for it. Now I'm sure Cordelia will allow you to date him now, since he's a warlock."

"He didn't say he was. I don't think he has a coven or anything like that."

"Tell Cordelia. She'll probably put him in the school for warlocks."

"Maybe. I don't know."

"Why not?"

I paused, collecting my thoughts. "There's something about him. Something strange. But I don't know what it is yet."

"What do you mean?"

"He just gives me a bad vibe. I kinda like it."

"Can I ship it?" Zoe joked. "Let's see. Mashlyn. Ashael. Michlyn. I like that one."

"Oh my God, Z. You ship everyone like FedEx."

"Shut up, Mallory."

"How was you guy's little adventure out into the world?" The brown haired girl asked, shutting the wooden door behind her as she entered. "Did you guys find a way to f*ck up and get the coven killed yet?"

"I sometimes feel that even though we're legal adults, in your eyes we're unresponsible children." Zoe responded.

"You words, not mine." She backed off and said, referring to my statement earlier.

"Well, I met this guy."

"Can't relate. Being ugly has its perks." Mal joked.

"Where?" Zoe got up and paced around the room. "Can't find anything that implies that you're ugly. Better check yourself before you wreck yourself."

"I'm gonna go hang with him tomorrow. That's what cool people say, right? Hang?"

"Yeah, lets go with that."

"Can I meet him? Please?" Zoe insisted.

"I don't know."

"Well ya can't keep him a secret from us forever." Said the blonde and brown haired girl.

"It's because he gives her a bad vibe and she's worried about how people will react."

"Oh," Mallory said in response, "maybe you should trust your instinct then."

"I haven't had common sense about guys since I went out with a senior names Luis when I was in the ninth grade."

"Well at least keep us updated."