Chapter VIII: Making A Raven Sing (Lemon)

Classes were once again in full swing as March faded into April. Despite the long lectures and copious amount of homework, (F/N) noticed that the days seemed to simply fly. He had recalled adults often lamenting about how fast time moves the older you get, but he wasn't so sure that was the issue. (F/N) was quite certain the shortening of each day could be attribute to Summer and Raven. Since they had taken center stage in the play that was his life, his time seemed to become increasingly limited, and he had to carefully schedule each day time for homework, studying, and not one, but two girlfriends. It seemed that Summer and Raven had declared a truce, and instead of fighting for his attention, they were now satisfied with sharing him instead, at least for the time being. Quite frankly, (F/N) much preferred this to the alternative. The constant bombardment of gifts from Summer and seductive glances from Raven had been keeping him on edge.

Currently, he and Raven were wrapped in each other's arms, curled up in his bed as rain pounded against the window outside. Over the past five weeks, (F/N) had discovered that, when not in competition mode, Raven was actually quite adorable. She enjoyed snuggling up to (F/N) in secluded corners of the library, and lazing around in bed while listening to the light April showers, the pattering of the raindrops on the dormitory windows. Normally during storms, Raven would nuzzle into (F/N)'s chest, sighing contentedly as he scratched the ears atop her head. Today was different. Today she seemed different, her shoulders more tense, the distance between them larger. Needless to say, (F/N) was surprised when she got out of the bed and suggested calling it a day. Giving her a kiss on the cheek, which she did not return, (F/N) couldn't help but think he might have done something to upset her. Though what that particular something was, he hadn't the slightest idea.

The next day in class, (F/N) scanned the room for Raven, not finding her in her usual spot next to her team. (F/N) was surprised to see her seated in the second seat of the top row, empty except for her. Even across the aisle the top row was bare. The area immediately in front of her was abandoned as well. She had clearly scared away anyone who had the idea of sitting anywhere near her. Abandoning his usual spot next to Summer, (F/N) made a beeline for Raven, placing his things down on the stairs and taking the aisle seat on her immediate right. While she made no move to leave, nor did she tell him to, she also didn't greet him. In fact, she gave no acknowledgement of his presence other than a slight shift in her posture as she unconsciously turned her body away from him. (F/N) was just about to ask what was wrong when their professor walked in.

Throughout the lecture, (F/N) kept glancing over at Raven, dozens of questions running through his brain. Eventually, his curiosity got the better of him and, dropping his voice so only Raven could hear, he inconspicuously leaned to his left and whispered out of the corner of his mouth.

"Is everything all right?" He asked.

"I'm fine." Raven replied, not taking her eyes off her notes.

"Are you sure?"

"I said I'm fine, (F/N)." She hissed.

"Oh, okay." (F/N) said, not entirely convinced. "It's just, I thought I might have done something wrong."

At these words, Raven scoffed.

"Okay, now I know I did something wrong." (F/N) whispers. Getting no response, he presses forwards, "Raven, please tell me what I did."

"It's what you didn't do." She says exasperatedly, slamming her pencil down on her notebook.

"What?" (F/N) whispers in confusion, now turning to look at her.

"(F/N), do you think I'm pretty?"

"Of course? Who doesn't?"

"And you still like me? You haven't chosen Summer over me?"