Midnight Mistletoe

Additional Tags: Professors Drarry

.

Draco slipped out of his office and down the empty dungeon hallways, heading up through the maze of stairs, his cloak pulled tightly around himself. He made no sound thanks to a few carefully placed silencing spells and the hood to hide his hair. The only thing better than a late night trip to the kitchens for warm biscuits and tea was catching students out after curfew.

The castle was riddled with enchanted mistletoe, so Draco was careful to check every doorway he came to. Minerva wasn't the type to put up that sort of thing and none of the other teachers owned up to it, although Draco was suspicious of Flitwick, that sort of charm work was right up his alley. It was either that or Peeves who would certainly love putting them up though it was hard to imagine where he would have found the damn things.

Draco carefully skirted the edge of the large entranceway leading to the main hallway and thus to the kitchens, when his foot caught on something and he nearly tripped, stumbling forward and just barely catching himself on the wall opposite. He spun around, glaring up and down the hallway, ready to take points and give detention, but no one was there. He looked down and saw a foot connected to most of a leg before it disappeared. Draco frowned, leaned down and grabbed at the edge where the leg disappeared and encountering the thin silky material of an invisibility cloak, which could only belong to one person.

Draco jerked the cloak off, "Are you trying to get someone killed, Potter?"

Potter lifted his head, blinking his eyes opened like he had been asleep. He focused on Draco and groaned, his head falling back with a thump, "Merlin. Why'd it have to be you?"

Draco narrowed his eyes.

Potter's foot was stuck in the middle of the floor, flat to the stone, so he had to keep his knee bent. He slowly sat up, scrubbing his hands through his hair and leaving it standing in every possible direction. He pointed up with a grimace.

Draco looked up and saw a small bundle of mistletoe at the top of the archway. He looked back down at Potter already braced for whatever Draco was going to say, a wince already on his face.

Draco raised an eyebrow, "Are you a complete moron?"

Potter sighed, "No, Malfoy."

"Ah," Draco said flatly, "That would explain why you are still here rather than having, say, sent a patronus, which is one of your specialities."

"Flitwick is gone this weekend and Minerva- I've-" Potter sighed, "She helped me the last two times."

Draco stared at him.

"She told me in no uncertain terms was I was to wake her up for this again unless I wanted to be in charge of every detention until spring hols."

"And the reason you can't free yourself?" Draco asked with growing disbelief, "Surely you were watching when Minerva removed the charms?"

"I was!" Potter snapped. He frowned and took out his wand, pointing it up at the mistletoe with a muttered incantation and complicated swirl to his wand. His wand shot some blue and gold sparks in the air. "I must have the wand movements wrong. I swear that's how she did it."

"You..." Draco shook his head, at a loss for words.

"I'm not exactly a charms professor am I?" Potter said impatiently, "If you're so clever, you can disenchant it then."

Draco sniffed imperiously, "I'm not paid to save idiots from a children's charms."

"Great. So you don't know either."