iii

| Marty's pov |

¤

today i was trying out for the boys basketball team. buffy wasn't on so i hoped i could make it. buffy handed me my water and I smiled, thanking her.

we stretched together, much like the first time. her trying to outstretch me. "look who still can't help themselves." she gives me a cheesy smile. "i missed having someone to compete with."

"me too slayer, me too."

i missed her so much. i can't believe i was so stupid. it's over now though, im out of the basement in my mind and back up top. (hA puns)

tj is the captain again so we will see how this goes. he seemed to have improved a lot but i still wasn't sure. plus he hurt buffy so i really didn't like him.

"alright are you ready?" i smile at the girl. "lets go." we begin our one on one game and i mean excuse my language but damn shes good.

all of a sudden i heard clapping. i turned around to see tj. "well marty, you sure are brave playing against the slayer. truth be told i lost against her, once again not that anyone needs to know that slayer."

"are you two actually friends now?" i asked questionably.

before he could answer cyrus bursts through the door. "teej! we were suppo- oh hey buffy, hey marty." tj chuckles, "yes underdog i know we were supposed to go swing, i just had to welcome my new member to the team."

i gasp, "wait really?!" he smiles and high fives buffy. "she showed me clips of you playing. i am stupid for not taking you the first time. thank buffy for that, now if you dont mind i have a date to attend."

buffy gasps, "cyrus! we are talking about this later!" then she looks at me. "burger and fries at the spoon to celebrate?" i smile cheekily at her.

"only if i can steal your fries instead." she chuckles smiling widely. "thats fine."

-

"so how have you been?" she asks looking down. "i have been okay, i know you probably wanted to forget-"

"if you say forget you i will smack you, i never wanna forget my first crush." i look at her. "you liked me?"

she nodded "yeah. i like you."

i look at her with wide eyes because holy crap. buffy driscoll just admitted she likes me. do i reply? no you got hurt last time. but would she do that again? maybe..

amber walked over setting our food down. which was good because it distracted us. i wasnt ready for this talk.

we ate our food in silence me stealimg over half of her fries. "i want to do something with you and your friends buffster. it's been too long."

she makes a twisted face "did you just call me buffster?" i chuckle and nod.

"well we could throw a party and you could make witty banter with other girls at the punch bowl." i laugh at the fact that she remembers that.

"i only want to perform the witty banter on you." she looks at me with her head tilted. "i will never understand you mr. party." i send a wink and a cheesy smile her way.

"thank you for giving me a second chance marty. how is your girlfriend?"

right. her.

"we broke up."

Authors note:

tonight we get jj-tyrus beef im hype

until next time,

~Aj👽