Chapter 2

“Welcome back, Sir.” The maid greeted as soon as she opened the door for Kevin. There were three more maids waiting by the door as well and they were all smiling towards Kevin. “Hello po. Hello po. Hello po. Hello po.” Kevin greeted each of them LITERALLY while waving his hands like a child. “Sir, kami nap po magdadala ng bag niyo, Sir.” The oldest maid spoke and was offering her hand to get carry it but Kevin shook his head with a sweet smile.

“It’s okay, Nana Lorena. Magaan lang naman po.”

“By the way po, si Mama po?” He then asked while looking at each of them. “Ay Mrs. Dee is having her tea sa garden po, Sir. Hinhintay nya po kayo.” One maid answered and he nodded while clutching his fingers around the strap of his bag. “Sige po, bye bye po.” He waved his hand before walking away to go to his Mom. Once he arrived at their mansion’s garden, a grin formed on his face as he quietly walked towards his Mom who wasn’t aware of his presence.

“Mama!”

“Oh dear!” His Mom exclaimed in surprise as he hugged her from behind and kissed her cheeks. “I’m back, Mama.” He added before skipping towards the empty chair across his Mom and sat there. “You’re telling me something, diba po?” He asked as he removed his bag from his back and placed it just behind him on the chair. “Oh right… It’s really important, dear.” His Mom muttered while carefully taking a sip on the hot tea.

“Okay, mama. Ano po yun?”

“You know you’re turning nineteen soon, right?” She asked as a matter of fact as she smiled dearly at her son. “Opo Mama. Pero ilang months pa naman po yun ah?” He asked and giggled like a kid. “Yes I know dear, and you know it’s also Ashley’s birthday right?” She added and Kevin nodded again. “And also Ashton, Mama.” He didn’t forget to mention Ashley’s twin. The three of them were born at the same day and they knew about that since they were young. “That’s right…” Mrs. Dee answered and hesitantly smiled. “Okay po..” Kevin answered and there was a sudden silence as Keven waited patiently for his Mom to speak again. “Ma? Okay ka po?” He asked while blinking at his Mom. “Uhm… Actually Kev… You know their Mom is my best friend right?” She finally spoke again and Kevin smiled and nodded. “Ah~ Tita Charee.” He added and clapped his hands.

“Yes… And we actually made a promise back in high school.”

“Oh really? Cool! About what, Mama?” He asked and looked at his Mom with anticipation for the “storytelling” that is about to happen. “Kasi… ‘Nak. I won’t make it longer anymore… Once you and Ashley turn nineteen, you two are ready to get married.” She finally spilled it out and observed her son’s reaction. Well actually, he wasn’t reacting and was just looking at his Mom with his puppy, confused eyes. “Hey Kev… I’m sorry I just told you today… But it’s been planned even before you two were born.” Mrs. Dee said feeling a sudden guilt.

“Kasal po?”

“Yes.”

“Okay po.”

“Talaga!?” His Mom suddenly exclaimed with so much joy. Kevin grinned and nodded. He felt happy seeing his Mom smile like that. “Don’t worry Kev. You’ve known Ashley ever since you could remember. She’s a great girl!” Mrs. Dee excitedly spoke while patting Kevin’s hand that was placed on the table. Kevin only smile and nodded because he thought it would be disrespectful not to agree with his Mom.

Meanwhile, the reaction was a little different when the news was broke to Ashley.

“Ma naman! Nagjo-joke ka diba?!” She exclaimed as she stood up from the couch. “No I am not joking, Ashley Go. And don’t raise your voice at me.” Mrs. Go answered and crossed her arms. “Yon? Yung utak na tinubuan ng katawan?!” She shouted in disbelief and her twin, Ashton who was sitting with her on the couch had to hold his laugh. “Ashley!” Mrs. Go had to scold her for her rude words about Kevin. “Ma! You know I have a boyfriend, I love him and he loves me.” She answered while glaring down at her Mom. “Di naman…” Ashton muffled to himself but Ashley heard it and kicked his leg. “Shut up.” She gritted her teeth towards her twin. “The decision is final even before you are born.” Mrs. Go spoke again with so much authority.