14

happy new year💓💖!!!

diego

it's been 2 weeks since kimetrius and i have started dating, and honestly, nothing's really changed. the only thing that's actually changed is the fact that there's a title now, but we still basically act the same as we did when we weren't officially together.

today we were about to go on our first "date". i had no idea what he meant by taking me on a date, since we were 2,000 miles away from each other, but he told me to make sure i'm ready at 6 my time.

i just hoped he wasn't about to do no roleplaying shit. i'd literally block him, that was even too headass for my hopeless romantic ass.

i half heartedly did my homework when i got home from school, my anticipation for the date growing larger and larger as i laid on my stomach and typed up an english essay on my macbook, continuing to space out as i did so as my mind drifted to what kimetrius had in store for me.

i didn't even have 200 words down by the time that 6 rolled around, but the last thing i was thinking about was some dumb essay about literary classics. if they're so "classic" then why are they so fucking boring?

whatever. i closed my macbook and changed my position from laying on my stomach, to slouching against the wall on my back as i grabbed my phone, ready to text kimetrius and ask him what was going on with the date.

as soon as i opened the messages app, my phone began to vibrate, and speaking of the devil, it was kimetrius making a facetime call.

i pulled my baby pink hoodie over my lips and nose before accepting the call - yes, this isn't the first time kimetrius has seen me, or the first time we've facetimed, but i still didn't like showing my face when we were on a call together. at least with pictures i could make sure i was showing him my best pictures - on a call, he's seeing me from all angles, most of which make me look terrible.

i answered the call, and soon, kimetrius' extremely sittable (is that a word?) face took over my screen, and no matter how many times i saw him, my thirst over him would never fade.

and here he was, with his honey colored curls cascading down his forehead, wearing a grey t shirt that hung loosely around his skinny frame, and a smile as he laid on his back.

his smile immediately got bigger upon seeing me - something that made me smile as well underneath my hoodie. it's a new feeling to see that someone is smiling because of you, and that's something i couldn't really relate to until now.

"hey baby," kimetrius greeted me, before his face was twisted into an expression of befuddlement. "why are you hiding your pretty face?"

i sighed under my breath. "you don't have to lie to me metri."

he looked like he was struggling not to roll his eyes at me. "come on honey, show me your beautiful face. just for now? please????" he dragged out the last syllable, his begging tone prompting me to lower my hoodie.

i pulled my hoodie down from over my nose and mouth, and i couldn't help but smile at his compliments. i couldn't believe i had someone who was this sweet to me.

"now there's that pretty smile i know and love," he cooed upon seeing me beaming at his words.

"now i know you're lying," i grunted. "any other part of my face you can compliment and i'll believe it, but my smile? you know my teeth are fucked up ki."

"yeah...i mean you do got horse teeth, but they're cute," he protested.

"what? how is having teeth that look like they're fighting to escape my mouth cute?" i questioned.

"because they belong to you and every part of you is perfect. any more questions?" he smirked a little, as if to say yeah, i dare you to try to debate this one to me.

i groaned in defeat while i was still forming a toothy grin. i didn't have the energy to keep going back and forth with him so i just let him win.

"fine, you win," i admitted with a shrug. "so... is this date just us facetiming or....not that there's anything wrong with that but.."

"i'm glad you asked, because i was just about to explain," kimetrius announced, before switching to his back camera.

my screen was now focusing his laptop which was laying on top of his bed charging, and he appeared to be on his netflix tab.

"welcome to the foose theatre," kimetrius' voice was now mimicing that of a waiter at a fancy restaurant or something. "what would you like to see?"

"oh my god, you did not," i exclaimed, chuckling a little through my words as my cheeks heated up. this had to be the cutest thing someone's ever did for me.

"i did," he responded. "i know it's headass, but i figured that if we can't go on a real date, then i'd just set this up... i hope you don't think it's cringe or anything."

i shook my head. "oh no metri, nothing like that. i love it, i think it's really cute and creative. thanks."

"i was worried you wouldn't like it, i'm glad you do," he responded as he scrolled through the selections. "now what do you want to see?"

i shrugged. "i don't know, ain't shit on netflix anyway," i mumbled.

"true," he agreed with me. "i don't really know what we should watch either...i guess i could go to youtube and we can watch conspiracy videos and shit."

"hmmm," i paused, "wanna watch birdbox? i haven't seen it yet."

"me neither. everybody is talking about how good it is but i haven't seen it yet," he responded as he began to scroll once again.

i pulled my covers up over my body and plugged my phone in as kimetrius turned on the movie.

and as soon as i got comfortable....

"diego! come down and do the dishes!"

"sorry metri, can you wait a little bit? my bitch ass stepdad wants me to do the dishes," i groaned.