𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘

❝𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚗'𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍.❞

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Mystic Falls didn't have a new enemy this time. The Mikaelsons were back, and they wanted Elena. 

Klaus Mikaelson was a selfish man. Even after the twelve hybrids, the chaos, the pain, and the death, he still wanted an army. 

The hole in his heart that his family could never fill was meant only for those who were his kind. In his mind, having hybrids was a necessity. His brother, Elijah, warned him countless times of the risks he was just so willing to take. Nothing else mattered to the broken man, and so on he searched for a way to create them; this was, until he caught word of Elena's newfound humanity. 

Rebekah Mikaelson was a selfish woman. Even after the millennia of thrilling adventures, heartbreak, and overbearing protection from her brothers, she still wanted to be human. To her, Elena was an escape. Rebekah wanted to be happy with a family and children. So, for all of the wrong reasons, she accepted the challenge of obtaining the blood that ran through the doppelganger's comatose body.

Elijah Mikaelson was a selfless man. Noble as he was, he joined his younger siblings in annihilating the town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, and its people. He thought that if he could mitigate his brother's animosity, maybe Niklaus would finally respect him. Honor was all that Elijah wanted from his family.

Elena Gilbert was comatose. She had ambrosia running through her veins; the cure for vampirism was just within the Mikaelsons' reach. Bonnie was determined. Caroline was confused. Damon was enraged. Stefan was missing. 

This was No Man's Land, but these were no men.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗