Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Lily returned from the Prefect carriage fuming. I could barely make sense of her ramblings. What I did gather was that James Potter had been made Head Boy. Which meant that she was going to be spending a lot of time with him seeing as she's Head Girl.

“Then he told me that he was throwing a welcome back party in the Commons Room tonight. Can you believe him?” she fumes.

“A party sounds like fun,” I tell her. “Besides it's our last year so let's start it off with a bang.”

“And that is why you, Mckinnon, would be the perfect woman.” Sirius Black said as the four Marauders joined our compartment. “That and that body of your's.”

I roll my eyes. “How was your summer, Remus?”

Remus looked up from his book, startled that I would talk to him. He quickly recovered. “It was okay. I spent a lot of it inside. My parents like to be strict, wouldn't even let James and Sirius get a glance of me when they came to visit.”

“It's all right, Moony. You'll be seventeen soon, then they won't be able to stop you.” James said, patting him on the back.

“Yeah just four weeks until your birthday, not that we're counting down to throw you a huge party or anything,” Sirius added.

“My birthday is in two weeks, are you gonna throw me one?” I raise an eyebrow.

Lily swatted my arm. “Don't encourage them, Marley.”

James eyes lit up. “That's perfect. At this rate we'll be throwing a party every week.”

Lily groans. “Who in their right mind would make you Head Boy?”

“Uh oh, Mom and Dad are starting to fight again.” Peter snickered.

Sirius pulled me over to the side that he, Remus, and Peter were sitting on. “Just incase they give into their urges.”

“That's disgusting.”

We watched as Lily and James continued to argue. Well, Lily argued with him. He just sat back, took it, then every once in a while declared his love for her. It has been like this since we started Hogwarts. One of these days she is going to give into him.

“Are you two done?” Remus asks with a sigh.

“Come on, Marley, we're leaving.” Lily stands up.

I shook my head. “I'm staying right here.”

Sitting back down, she groans. “Fine.”