Trust her, not me

Reni~

Class was over and its now lunch time. I rush out the classroom door and to my locker. The hallways were too small for all the students that went here not to mention the lockers weren't that big either but if I hurried I could make it past everyone and I wouldn't have to see my locker mate, Thomas.

I quickly grabbed my stuff and strided down the hallway which was now packed with students.

"Reni!", my best friend Aubrey calls after me as I quickly shuffle and squirm my way past people while in my own thoughts. I slow down letting her catch up.

She grabs and links our arms together. "Did you hear that Katy and Clayton are going out?" she asks me smiling. I shake my head no.

If only she knew what I knew...

"Oh my gosh, are you serious?!. I didn't know he was her type" I don't make eye contact with her when I say this. I was still feeling gross and hurt about the situation even though I was trying so hard not to.

{Flashback}

"He used me Katy..if you wanna go out with him then okay but just be careful" I try to warn her. I didn't tell her the full extent to the situation if was too embarassing not to mention illegal..

I then made the biggest mistake of my life. I told her..the truth about my parents and their situation and how it was affecting me and how Clayton knew and what he did.

She sighed and gave me this sarcastic look, "Now that's not fair Reni, you can't blame Clayton for what you're parents are doing. Maybe you should go talk with someone about this" she said totally blowing off what I said to her and making excuses for him.

I simply nodded and got up heading out the gymnasium. Well there goes our friendship.

{Flashback over}

The whole thing really screwed with my self esteem and I was hurt that someone who was suppose to be my best friend would fall for the guy I just broke up with..or who broke up with me.

I'm upset with her and mad at myself for thinking she was my friend. Before I knew it I was in the cafeteria with my group of friends. I wasn't the most popular among the group, ya know like the "Leader" or whatever I guess. That position was taken by Cailtin and Katy.  I was the black girl among the group along with Aubrey. My seat was across from Katy. She got to the table and said hi to me but I didn't say anything just put my headphones in and laid my head on the table.

I wanna go home..

Authors Notes:

The next chapter is flashback and you will be better acquainted to the main characters