Chapter 1: The Uprising of Metal

Train.

*BASH*

Train hard.

*SMASH-BASH*

Harder, and harder, and harder.

"GHRR-!!!"

Become something you're not.

"RRRRAAHHGH-!!!"

That was the philosophy I've run on for years. Years, that were spent in the solitude my family put me in. A distance caused by being too far away, or obsessively close.

*BASH-CRACK*

Being born in a world, without the power to live in it. What's a person to do in a time like this? Or... rather...

"GHHAAAHHH-!!!"

What is a Devil to do at a time like this? Simple. Many have done it before, and many will do so again, myself included. We'll train. While others, like my siblings, will get the spotlight for their prowess and stature, we will train, push, and break ourselves till we become something that is never meant for us.

"HHRR-!!! EEAAARRGH-!!!"

My name is Dnomyar Gremory, the youngest son of Venelana Gremory... and the weakest Devil to date. The reason being because of my... defective birth. I was born without the critical assets of a Devil. No magic, and no wings. Only the DNA, and the natural physical traits that came with being a hellish incarnation. Because of my defective birth, I was... Well, my upbringing wasn't much of one, as most attention went towards the only one who mattered in the eyes of my parents. That someone would happen to be my older sibling: Rias. She... She was... obsessive. She was the other side of the spectrum that my parents weren't. She, like her brother to her, is a bro-con to me, and that leads to... unnecessary coddling and babying. I didn't hate Rias, not at all, but her obsession in getting me into her peerage, even saving a Knight seat for me... That was the mold breaker between us, and only showed that she viewed me as the underling beneath her just as my parents did; and while I still didn't hate her, her opinion of me didn't really have a good reaction stirring in my stomach. So, while she gets her peerage, her Evil Pieces; I'm here. Training till I drop, both in mind and in body.

*PMPH-PMPH*

With two strikes on the bag, I kicked the bottom forward and punched it off the chain that suspended it. It thumped onto the ground as I sighed, my body shining from the sweat that coated me.

[Excellent work, Dnomyar. Your combat efficiency and effectiveness are increasing.]

I took a breath as I turned my head to the monitor hanging over my desk. Appearing on it, like a blink of a light, was a light blue hexagon. It flickered, signifying a blink as it moved around the screen, following my movements to the edge as I walked to the towel, drying off my hair and shoulders.

"C'mon, PAI. What did I tell you about the name?"

[My apologies, Dnom-... Dom. I am still growing used to name calibrations.]

I dropped the towel as I turned to the light, then to the large room around me. This room, my room, is a very LARGE garage like bedroom, fit with different stories of its own with the section containing my bed being a couple flights up. Since magic and natural demonic prowess wasn't ever going to be my specialty, I have gotten into the next best thing: technology, and with it came many creations like PAI. I still have a long way to go before I make a breakthrough, to show the Devils of the world, especially my family, that magic wasn't everything. Knowing that was... difficult to bear, but it was a reality I had to live with.

"I know. Keep trying, though, PAI. One day, we're gonna get out of here and into a better situation in our lives. Knowing names and nicknames alike is going to be a need-to-know for the future."