Chapter 4: Difficulties Make Things Easier

"Ahhh..."
I breathed in the air of the city Japan was known for as I stepped out of the airport. Brushing my sleeves, I now adorned a new style of clothing suited to blend in with the people here. While I kept my vest, I replaced the simple black T-shirt with a long-sleeve v-neck with a red Duster overcoat and a pair of thin, black leather gloves. Replacing my grey cargo shorts were a pair of black cargo pants and shoes more refined to the look. My ballcap was also taken away to make way for something more stylistic. An old-fashioned western bulldogger hat, tinted black with a stream of red going around the rim sat atop my head, mixing well with the coat and pants. Shrugging my shoulders, I moved along with the crowd.

"Japan's very own Tokyo. It's as big as everyone makes it out to be."

I glanced up at a billboard, seeing something about tentacles.

"And probably as weird, too..."

I shook my head and tapped my earpiece.

"Monarch? Where am I heading?"

{Some minor interference with the long-ranged scanning module is causing trouble locating Shuri Himejima's current location. I recommend proceeding to Tokyo Station. The satellite there will most likely clear up the interference.}

"I'm on it..."

I looked around the square I was in before tapping the earpiece again.

"Are there any allies here from the Three Factions?"

{Unknown, but there are definite signatures of the Supernatural appearing all throughout Tokyo. They are very similar to the signatures of Devils.}

"Hmm... I'll steer clear till I know for sure..."

I moved through the crowd, breaking from its stream as I took on a different path, going across the street and heading towards the big sign in the distance that labeled my destination. As I went, I felt as if this place was... off, like I was being watched and didn't even know it. I didn't like it, and that's what kept me silent the whole way through the trip. As I turned the corner, the feeling was beginning to pinpoint itself. Glancing behind my shoulder, I saw a figure following me, very subtly, but obvious enough for me to see. I turned my head back forward as I moved with slightly larger strides.

"Monarch, there's someone tailing me. Who is this?"

{Unknown, but signatures from the static show that this person has the same demonic presence as those felt elsewhere in Tokyo.}

"F***..."

I passed by the corner before slipping into the alley, sticking by the wall as the signature got closer.

'Who the hell is this...? It feels like a Devil, but...'

I narrowed my eyes as the signature came around the corner, but more quickly than I anticipated. Using my Pilot Vest's boost-jump, I leaped away from the attacker, backflipping onto the side of the building and hanging off the brick sill of a window.

"Not exactly one for the introductions, are you?"
The figure stretched from their striking stance, flicking a katana off to the side as their eyes glowed a bright red, giving the appearance away.

"Not exactly one for the introductions, are you?"The figure stretched from their striking stance, flicking a katana off to the side as their eyes glowed a bright red, giving the appearance away