Removal - Chapter one

**This is my first story on Wattpad and will be updated at least once a week till it is finished! Follow: the floating amber on tumblr for updates!**

                                                  Removal

        He could feel the blood trickle down my forhead, his mind trying to face the horror of reality. He knew he was going to die. Why? He couldn't say. "All lives are equal" she had said. Her face had had the look of horror and disgust as she had spoken, as if he should have known that his life was no more important to her than the lives of her soldiers.

        He looked around him. The bodies were so numerous, he couldn't count. Some lay still, but others continue to stay alive, fighting their own battles as another rages around them. They were all a dizzying blur of black and white racing around him, their screams echoeing through his skull. He placed his hands on the sides of his head.  Why?

        "Why?"

        He removed his hands only to find them stained red. He felt so dizzy. He wanted to lay down. Just for a little while.

        "Just for a little while."

        He layed in the grass, gazing at the sky. It was so blue. 

        "My eyes feel heavy." His voice a slur of quiet dizziness. 

        "My hands are numb"

        "I can't take this." His hands dug into the earthy soil.

"Wake up."

                                                                             1 Month Earlier

                I was running so fast my legs shook beneath me, my breath comming out in short puffs. 

        Breath. Breath. Breath.

        "I don't want to die! Please don't let me die!"

        "Shut up Alison were not going to die!" If she would just be quiet.

        I looked to my left where Alison was. Her hands were covering her ears as she ran a couple of paces behind me. She was only 11. She was only 11 and because of me, she was going to die. 

        "Mason if you don't freaking get us out of this..!" 

        "Shut up just let me think!" I felt Cyril's eyes burning holes in the back of my neck. 

        Breath! I can't do this. I can't. We can't out run it. We just can't. Were going to die here and it's my fault. I looked behind me quickly. I didn't want to see it. Whatever the hell it was, I didn't want to see it again. It had began to chase us a while back. I had noticed it near our camp site. I had sugested that we set base there. How the hell was I soposed to know that our tents were set up on it's territory. We invaded it's home and now we were going to die because of it. 

        I had seen it's eyes before I saw anything else. They were as blue as ice, it's pupils so small the were pinpricks. I couldn't move, paralized with fear. It crept out from the trees, stepping into the light one scalled paw at a time. It rezembaled a cat in everyway, but instead of fur, it was covered in black scales that shone blue in the sunlight. It was stalking it's pray with shoulders tense and jaws clenched shut. It's tail resembled a scorpian's, it's needle like tip poised to strike.