Removal- Chapter 3

Chapter 3

        I didn't sleep well and I don't know if I can really say that I slept at all. We had been assigned a tent in the middle of the camp, six soldiers present at all times. The tent was massive on the inside all four corners held up by large pole beams. One exit and no windows. There was no possibility for escape. Of course that didn't stop Cyril from attempting multiple times throughout the night. All of them ending in him getting thrown back into the tent.

        I turned my head towards the side of the tent. I had chosen the bed near the back corner. I didn't want to look at them. All of them hopefull for a chance to escape or perhaps even for someone to let us go. 

        I reached my hand out till it connected with something solid. The fabric of the tent felt soft yet incredibly solid, like nothing could have torn it no matter how much effort was used. It was cool to the touch. I assumed this was why I hadn't died of heat exastion over night.

        "Mason, are you awake?"

        "No." I responded. I felt a tug on the blanket.

        "I want to go home." Her voice pleaded.

        I swung my legs off the side of the bed and stood. I looked around me. They were all watching me. Waiting for my reaction. I shook my head but said what I knew they wanted to hear.

        "Okay."

        I walked towards the tent opening. The fabric door not yet open. I stood so close to it I could feel my breath warming the canvas.

        "Let us out. It's morning." I turned to look behind me briefly, making sure they were satisfied with my efforts. "You said assesment was in the morning.

        I waited for an answer. When there was none, I tried again.

        "Let us out, one of us is sick." The lie barely convinced me. Running out of options... I leaned closer to the tent and spoke softly. "Please."

        The fabric parted, sending in a rush of warm air.

        "Don't beg. You will look like a fool and make others believe you are weak."

        I looked towards her. The same suit, the scales gliding in the sunlight. Her face was not bitter, despite what she said. She apeared uningaged. 

        "Follow me." She motioned with her hand to come with her. 

        "What do you plan to do with us?"

        "I believe you were already informed of that." She continued to walk with us following close behind.

        She lead us to a large black tent. She waves her hand and the guards next to the door move to the side. 

        "Go in." She motioned for us to go in ahead of her.

        When we were all in, she closed the fabric door and told us to sit at a silver table in the center of the room. 

        "You may inspect them now." As soon as she said it I noticed the people in the dark corners of the tent. 

        As they approached I felt myself begin to panick. Cyril tried to stand but was forced down by the man from the corner across from me. As they approached I heard Aki call my name. I felt a sharp prick in the back of my neck and my arms felt numb. My head rolled to the side. My eyes felt heavy and a cold hand landed on my shoulder.

        "You won't feel a thing. Don't try to break the trance." She laughed and grabbed my chin forcing me to look up at her. "And remember where you will be when you wake up."

         **** Hello everyone! Thank you for reading this so far and I will continue to update weekly. Tell me what you think and thanks again!