Are We Truly Alive?

*Back with Raven, Eldrax, Chayy, and Katrina*

"That was probably the best food I have ever tasted," Chayy said laughingly.

"Not like you don't eat 24/7," Katrina said, humorously. Amazing and weird for her, I know. We all laughed, including Chayy. Katrina just smiled. Chayy lightly and playfully punched her on the shoulder, causing her eyes to flash a brighter icy blue, if possible, also causing her smile to widen a bit more, almost unrecognizable.

I sighed, still with a smile, and wondered what it would be like to have siblings. This might be almost like it or something close to it.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Eldrax looked at me curiously.

"Nothing much," I responded.

"Like what?"

"Well, if you really want to know, I was just wondering what it would be like to have a brother or sister." I turned my head to look at him, meeting my eyes with his. As I looked into his eyes, I found that same darkness or sadness that was deeply hidden within him, surface again. It was there and gone in a flash.

"Oh, it's not that exciting." He turned and looked away for a moment.

"Well," I said with a smile, "it's good to have friends anyway, especially a friend that turns into a dragon."

I saw Eldraxs eyes light up, temporarily erasing the darkness, as a smile slowly took over his face. We then both turned our attention to Katrina and Chayy, which were both getting into lots of harmless, but hilarious trouble.